Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to weigh herb without a scale. (Answer, not question)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Kurt123, Sep 15, 2011.

1. I recently came in to possession of an unidentified amount of pot. My older brother moved out recently, and until this point, I would always just borrow his scale. So how do I know how much I have?

Here's a technique that's useful to accurately determine how much pot you have. Use money.

By using a makeshift see-saw or a balance, you can use money to see how much your herb weighs.

Making a see-saw scale: This can be easily made with a ruler, a fulcrum, and some paper on the ends to hold your pot.

Make a balance: This is a little harder to make but much more accurate. Find a sturdy rod, and tie three pieces of string to it. One in the middle, and two on either end. Make sure the end strings are the same distance from the center, and that the middle string is centered. You are trying to achieve balance. Don't worry if the balance is not perfect yet, just get the distances correct.
    Fold a piece of paper in half and tie all two top corners using a loop to the string on the ends, leaving some extra string after the knot. Holding the middle string, carefully adjust the balance by trimming the extra string until it sits level.

Measuring:

The United States Mint About Us
    Technical Aspects - Canadian Circulating Coinage

For example, I'm interested in measuring out a quarter ounce. So in one piece of paper I put a dollar (7g), and I load the other piece of folded paper with pot until it sits level.

Congratulations, you have just weighed things without a scale!

Attached Files:

2. except a balance is a form of scale
    /thread

3. I don't see the big deal with scales.. They cost next to nothing and pay for themselves quick. Just get a scale people.

4. lol very true.

5. doesn't even have to be that expensive of a scale either.
    i love me a scale

6. #6 Rainy Daze, Sep 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2011
    isnt a dollar 1g?

or did i just read it wrong lmao :smoking:

7. ebay! you can order one from one of those chinese guys on ebay for like 13$ shipped.

Not only do i use it for bud, i use it to weigh parcels for shipping. Been going 3 years strong

8. or you could spend a whole 10 bucks for a scale on amazon.com.

9. Yea you could make a balance... Or buy yourself a scale with part of your next paycheck. Scales are worh it man. You can't take a balance into some shady dudes car.

10. [quote name='"welker 420"']isnt a dollar 1g?

or did i just read it wrong lmao :smoking:[/quote]

I caught that too

11. You can get a scale disguised as blackberry at your local gas station most likely

12. [ame=http://www.amazon.com/American-Weigh-Scale-Ac-650-Digital/dp/B0026KXU7W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316111823&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: American Weigh Scale Ac-650 Digital Pocket Gram Scale, Black, 650 G X 0.1 G: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

Paid for itself in a day.

13. [quote name='"glazedKnuckles"']

I caught that too[/quote]

Yea, think op may be special

14. This should be stickied. Too many threads about "How much weed is this??!?!?!?!?!". Just buy a damn scale.

15. [quote name='"welker 420"']isnt a dollar 1g?

or did i just read it wrong lmao :smoking:[/quote]

OPs from Canada where we rock the loonie.

16. well scales are cheap as fuck. if you can buy weed you can buy a scale.

BUT if you wanna eyeball, its easy to go by .3's

universally, .3 is the average bowl.

three .3's is basically a gram so you can go by that.

17. Well, whatever. I just figured I'd share how to mcgyver a free scale. I assumed at least someone would appreciate it.

You assume I buy my weed. And that I have a paycheque. Also, I don't get how a loonie weighs 1g.

I mean, I even gave you guys a link. $1 = 7 grams, dead on.

18. $1 weighs a gram. no more no less

19. Who cares how much a scale costs and how effective they are, this is a secondary method that is practically a free scale - the money you use. So much douchebaggery on this forum where Captain semi-obvious's have to try to be smart when somebody is trying to be helpful.

20. he should atleast have the info right..lol a dollar doesnt weigh 7 grams.