how to turn a pc fan into an exhaust or intake fan?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by robjorge, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Hi guys... Im on my way to buy some pc fans for my new project. Will post pics in a few days once box is complete. My real question is the title? Any help gladly appreciated. What i mean really is how to connect the wires into the outlet lol thanks. :confused:

2. you just need an ac adapter like a phone charger or anything like that. there're typically two wires on most ac adapters and two wires on pc fans, connect the right wires and you're good.

the fans will have a number rating in A or ma, so will the adapters. match them up by their rating.

3. fixed and working... thanks +rep

4. Hello what wattage are these fans and do i need two one for the intake and one for the out please I am setting a low wattage grow up I a large cupboard in my atic cheers

5. preferably one intake, one exhaust. you'll need fresh air in there, which is what the intake is for. and exhaust is important for temp control depending on your light's heat. not sure about wattage, i know they're low but it depends on the fan size and so on.

6. Usually there 9v and 12v. Just find an adapter for a charger, cut and connect wires. I'm no electrician but i suprized myself and got it to work.

Stay hIgh