How to travel faster than the speedof light.

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by inb4bud, Oct 28, 2013.

1. I just thought of a way to travel faster then the speed of llight.

Now. Imagine being in a spaceship, that travels half of the speed of light. Now imagine flying at that speed, directly into the sun. The heat will excite the paritcles, making them move faster. So instead of being vaporized, you will go though the sun at super fast speed (mayber faster than light).

Idea based on HiggsBoson

2. that literally makes no sense.

3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yjb0QJ7PDQ

9:30

FLYING INTO A STAR

4. There's only one way to find out!

5. That's a pretty out there idea, but I get your theory. Not a bad idea, I wonder if anyone else has thought of this...

6. I think you would just burn to vapor

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

7. ^^^this and fuck bro who is willing to do this.

For my birthday buy me a politician

8. In the year 2208 scientists increase the speed of light.

9. Do they?

"She was living in a single room with three other individuals. One of them was a male and the other two, well the other two were female. God only knows what they were up to in there. And furthermore, Susan, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to learn that all four of them habitually smoked marihuana cigarettes..... REEFERS"

10. #10 iSmokePurps, Nov 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2013
    That makes no sense.Travel at the speed of light, then turn your flashlight on. Bingo.Edit I lol'd hard on your sig where's it from?

11. Find some antimatter and jump on it. Have fun.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. #12 iSmokePurps, Nov 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2013
    [quote name="gmartel" post="18948184" timestamp="1383835205"]Find some antimatter and jump on it. Have fun.Sent from my SGH-I777 using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote]Antimatter would most likely reciprocate ideal Newtonian scenarios if one could "jump" onto it. In other words, antimatter isn't observable in that sense.Now dark matter, you would collapse with an amount of space around you into a singularity, with that given amount of space being directly dependent upon the amount of matter you "jump" on. You can't jump on antimatter. Jumping on dark matter would make you a black hole, and potentially engulf vast amounts of space in a supermassive state. In other words, don't do it.

13. Heh. I was shooting for the stars with that answer. But I'm glad someone actually made sense of it to an extent.

14. couple things you need first, Something that can stand the heat of the sun while holding its form, something that can transfer heat into energy, and something that can change energy into propulsion. My suggestion is to quit trying to focus on the ship moving in lightspeed, and focus more on how to achieve light speed.

15. You high bro?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. A ship that can create a contained black hole on both ends?

17. #17 iSmokePurps, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2013
    [quote name="emperor_dragoon" post="18950070" timestamp="1383865232"]couple things you need first, Something that can stand the heat of the sun while holding its form, something that can transfer heat into energy, and something that can change energy into propulsion. My suggestion is to quit trying to focus on the ship moving in lightspeed, and focus more on how to achieve light speed.[/quote]If something can stand the heat of the sun, then that obviously means it's molecular structure isn't effected by the energy. Which means the sums energy wouldn't increase speed.Currently (last time I checked) the Orion ship, project by NASA, can travel somewhere 20-40% the speed of light. This is without nuclear propulsion, which is available.

18. A black hole wouldn't have much effect unless it contained an enormous amount of mass, which could be dangerous. Hmm...

19. I like the way you're thinking. :p

20. Allowing space to move around a stationary ship.

Omg. A SPACESHIP!