How to transplant and when

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by infamoustai, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Hi, Im new at this it's my very first time growing. I grew all my seeds in the same pot not thinking and i read something saying the roots will get tangled as they grow. So i want to transplant a few but i wanted to know how to transplant and when would be the right time. These plants have been growing for about 5 days under cfl lighting.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. I'd replant them soon so the roots don't start growing together... you're going to have to be very gentle tho. I'd scoop the whole area out with a spoon, lightly shake the soil till it falls off and leaves the root exposed, then transplant into solo cups or something

Definitely not a good start, sorry man. Good luck.

3. You need to get a big trash bag, spread it out, scoop the dirt out from the bottom, making sure to get as much as you can and being very easy so not to damage the roots. after that, you will have a better idea of which plants are not tangled, and where the roots are. Make sure your hands are clean and just manually remove some of the dirt away so you can see the roots some. Then you can go from there and put them in their own pots :)

4. I'd transplant straight into 3 gallon pots.

5. I'd take it out of the pot and carefully separate the seedlings out of the soil on a tarp or trash bag.

pour the dirt in around the taproot in it's new pot and tap the pot on the floor to settle the soil around it. Water with a spray bottle till the soil compacts a bit and the roots take hold. Use premium soil.

Good luck :smoke:

6. Be very careful with that transplant, since you need to get all those babies out of one pot. Just break that soil up very gently, not to harm many roots (some will break off or fall off, don't worry they grow back fast)...have pots ready to go and transplant each one. The soil should you transplant into should be a bit moist, I spray my soil in layers and mix in perlite, the roots prefer airy soil so they can start to regrow and push through. Good luck :bongin: