How To Train Your Dog To Find Your Doobies

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Matt Mernagh, Feb 17, 2009.

1. i trained my beagel alont time ago hes pretty good at it i mess with my friends all the time

2. haha my dog will now be a ganj finding master. even if this doesnt work would be fun to try and seems like it would. good work dude:)

3. Wish i could do this but my dog would just tear up a stuffed animal in a second.

4. This shit really works i did it with a toy poodle bout 4 yrs ago to bad i dont have the dog anymore but idk if its cause theyre really smart or what but it is awesome as hell!

5. i been trainin my 2 dogs all day, im usin a medical piss cup thing filled with our plants leaves, made some holes in the top... it fucking WORKS... i have been burying it under leaves, putting it in little bushes... they find it everytime... i even put it in the gaurds on top of the tire on our car... found it there to... ill keep doin this then ill teach them a word for it... then hopefully find some stashes :)

6. I have the perfect dog for this, its to bad she lacks motivation for anything other than food. She is a 3 year old basset hound and can find her bones and stuff no matter where you hide it in the house. She can even follow the path you took to hide it somewhere. If i tried to train her to find ganja im pretty sure she would be confused and just come looking for me instead due to me having smelled like it since she has been with me.

7. I totally wanted to do this when i got a German Shepherd(sp?)

8. i am doing this right now.

9. Gonzo, eh? Not a bad name, I must say. :smoking:

10. i have been burying it under leaves, putting it in little bushes...

11. my boxer, doja, is around weed all the time! when we smoke she always comes around to chill.

so how about one time she kept sniffing under the couch and so we check what she wants from under there-- what the eff!! there was a fat NUG!! awesome huh!

12. I have an almost 8 year old chocolate lab that was taught the same way. It worked great and he caught on fairly quickly, he was maybe 2 years old when we started.

I love having the ability to know if some1 is holdin when they walk through the door, I tell him to find his ball, and he goes right for my friends pockets. :D

13. we had bought a beagle from a mall puppy store... yeah i know... but anyways.. the first night that we had it home... he walked around and sat at every spot that i ever and did have fair amounts of pot. but then he never did it after that cause i didnt give him treats i guess.. :( i miss him.. he would sing with me to the beat to!

14. lol ive been thinking about doing this since i got my dog hes a bluetick hound so hes made to smell and track shit down but instead of using to find my weed id want to take it for walks in woods and have him lead me to a grow. i know a couple guys who trained thier dog to sniff it out and what they would do was drive down country roads until the dog barked and then theyd get out of the pick up and have the dog lead the to a grow.but i dont know if i can still train him though ive heard that if u want to train the its best to do it when their young and i think hes just over a year old. i think its still worth a try

15. Sir, You have just convinced me to buy a ferret

16. Using your animals to find your drugs is desperate and borderline abusive.

17. how is training your dog to sniff out drugs borderline abuse police train dogs to sniff out drugs because we humans dont have the ability to smell that well and track things down theres nothing abusive about it its in their nature to track things

18. I have a mini-dachshund and she is the the best at finding roaches and misplaced ganja stuff, she just loves the smells and every time I see her smelling something (she's really small so she get behind furniture easy) I just let her and tell her to "find it". She usually does!! A nice treat afterwards is all she needs to do it again!!

19. I fucking gotta try this with my mutt.