How To Tell Whether Your Plants Male Female Or A Hermaphrodite

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing Guides' started by Skunky Monkey, Jul 31, 2011.

1. those are male :(

• Like Like x 2
  2. Yeah I agree,I wouldn't rush it. Once a plant is stressed that's it you have a hermie.

3. OK guys, it is too soon to tell on these plants the sex? I have my opinion and hope you can help me with yours. I have 3 plants here, all are Strawberry Banana. Hope someone can tell me for sure.

. DSCN1238.JPG DSCN1240.JPG DSCN1242.JPG
    Plant A Plant B Plant C

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. you need closeups of the nodes where organs are visible

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Well, I expanded all the pics and see female preflowers in each pic. In pic A, I also see what possibly be balls forming too but the resolution isn't all that great so I can't tell, what I can tell you, is that they appear to be in need of more light. A plant in veg, especially ones old enough to show preflowers should be busier. You also have odd leaf growth as if they were put into a flowering light schedule and then revegged. Give me some history of these plants. What is your light schedule?

6. ok, thanks for the input everyone, and here is my setup.

I have a 4x4 tent going with 12/12 light
    Led (200 watt) @ 100% full channels (Bloom mode)
    They are in 5 gal pots (plastic as I'm a starter) with Happy Frog soil
    Using standard Foxfarm nutes @ half strength (read that online, multiple times)
    Switched them from veg 1 week ago (flushed with just water 2 weeks ago)
    Ph rides about 6..7 and PPM is ~600 (after nutes are added, 150 before)
    Checked runoff PH, matches just fine
    I have the light at about 13" of the tops

Am I doing this right?

I'll post more pics today so one can tell if these are 'she's or he's'

Thanks again,
    jac

7. #1048 blazinJranch, Oct 29, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
    My 2nd attempt isn't looking too bad, maybe I'm learning something after all..that are about 3 weeks into veg. Thats neem oil on the leaves, just applied a spray.

DSCN1247.JPG DSCN1248.JPG

-jac

8. #1049 blazinJranch, Oct 29, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
    Not needed anymore

9. why does everyone keep posting on this thread like just make your own threads

10. Female or hermie? Please don't respond if you're new to this as well, I know everyone here is eager to help but only if you KNOW! Because I really don't want to trash this for no reason

11. Balls and NO white pistils..Sorry, it's a boy..

12. Do you see any white hairs not visible to me?
    Any more plants around? (females?)
    Are they in flower?

If no to above, I guess you could keep him around and collect pollen, if he is a good strain w/ good genetics.

13. Ya I think it's a hermie...it went through a lot of stress during veg... I seperated the suspected male/hermie, but if it is a hermie...is there any way I could harvest the buds from both in the same tent without pollinating the female? The only other light I have is 2 24w t5s.. and I don't think that's enough light.

14. You hold up a mirror in front of the plant
    If it just looks normal -male
    If it gets all flustered and starts fluffing its hair -Female

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Hermie will have both sex organs. That looks like a full blown male to me..
    And He/it will pollinate any female close enough.
    A friend had a plant (female bagseed) herm on him and he got a bunch of seeds..Said the smoke was great though.
    If he is allowed to open those sacks..you'll also have a hell of a cleanup job ahead of you..EVERYTHING..!!!!
    Good luck..
    Penis Top Gun.gif

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Like the Buzz said Male

17. and you want to get rid of it asap. it does not matter if other plants are in veg, flower, or sitting around smoking a joint, pollen will end up on those plants if u allow them to open. it takes a very particular setup to polenate certain plants without affecting others. ive had pollen from one male pollenate 2 further grows because i missed some. be careful