How To Tell Whether Your Plants Male Female Or A Hermaphrodite

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing Guides' started by Skunky Monkey, Jul 31, 2011.

1. In the very first picture i see what looks like a pollen sack forming, i don't see any signs of it being a female in those pictures, a plant will hermi when it's female and stressed, and males show sex before females.

2. If I grow this out and the pollen gets on the box can I grow in there again? Whats the SOP of cleaning it? I will have to wait a while to get new seeds anyway. 9 seeds all males? Is that normal?

3. I would clean the box very well with warm water, and no, that's not normal.

4. #64 grasscity85, Sep 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2011
    Seems an obvious hermi. Do I need to be in there clipping balls off every day? Is there something more I can do?

Attached Files:

5. Yep that's a hermi, yes snipping the balls off will help, the more pollen the more seeds, so minimize the amount of seeds minimize the amount of pollen. So yes i guess you could try and cut as many off as you can.

6. Just an update, haven't seen many male parts and the plant is growing like wild fire.

Attached Files:

7. Strange :confused:

Awesome dude there looking good.

8. Hey guys, i just i planted a seed 3 days ago and i checked to see if it was growing and the seed that was split and connected to the little stem broke apart so now its just a little half inch stem is it dead or need to stay connected to that seed shell?

9. Nope it should be fine, as long as it has it's roots it's fine and they naturally split from the shell.

10. Thanks for your help ! :)

11. i've heard somewhere that if some pistils got brown - the plant got pollinated. there are like 2-4 brown pistils on each stem nearby the nodes junction but the buds are white. does that mean that my girl is turning male?

12. No that doesn't mean shes been pollinated, sometimes pistols just dry out.

13. Could someone give me a helping hand with identifying my plant it's a hybrid but dominant indica it's about a month old and it's LST I might SCROG the plant but I think it's to late to start that now but any advice would be helpful if you need better pics let me know! Thanks

Attached Files:

14. It's either not showing signs of sex yet or the pics are bad, get a few more close up ones in between the main stem and a branch.

15. Ok thanks I will do it as soon as I get back from work I would of taken new pics at the time but my plant was in the dark and didn't want to disturb it so yea I should have new pics up within the next day thanks for your reply

16. OK great :)

17. Some pics of a MALE feminised seed lol... :(

Attached Files:

18. Nope that's a hermi and it will grow bud. If there's no other plants in the area grow it, seeded bud is better than no bud, also you get free seeds for next year.

19. Hey sorry skunky monkey about the slow wate on the pics I told you I was going to put up I did more research and found out my plant has not shown signs of sex yet so I didn't want you to wast your time telling me something that's already on the form I was just wondering do you have any pics of the first sighs of a male plant? Like not when there mature when there first forming? Thanks for your help sorry agen for the slow reply

20. Yeh here's what male pre flowering looks like.
    [​IMG]