How To Tell Whether Your Plants Male Female Or A Hermaphrodite

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing Guides' started by Skunky Monkey, Jul 31, 2011.

1. skunky monkey, if you don't mind may i seek for your advice/feedback on doing LST and Topping when i start growing? (in about 2 weeks)

2. Sure man give me a PM whenever, i'm happy to help :)

3. hey skunky, on the topic of hermi/male i have 5 seedlings and my friend scared me today and said that it's not worth the risk to grow them and sex them with my females. i started flowering and wanted to see their sex so i could have some extra ganj but they told me to just stick to what i have and don't take the risk. NOW my main question being; can't you tell whether they're male or not before they start pollinating other girls

4. Sure man, in the images you see those balls haven's burst yet so if you keep a good look out then you can catch them before they pollinate them, here's a few pics of what they look like when it's to late and they have pollinated your plants.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. any clue how long it takes from testicle formation to when they pop?

6. It can be 1 day to 4 days to 12 days man. You have to always check your plants over and look for little balls.

• Like Like x 1
  7. i'll be lookin thanks skunky :wave:

it should be pretty easy since they're only like 8 inches tall right

8. Yeh just keep checking them over when you water and stuff :)

9. Thank you much! SPDT! :)

10. Skunky monkey...you seem to know your shit...you helped me out with some good tips yesterday, so here I go diving into green yoda's wealth of knowledge once again.. green Yoda take into account that this is out of sheer desperation (had a long shitty day and weed does make me more mellow and amiable to dumb shit). being a new grower (personal use), I have separated my males and have had them hanging upside down for 8 hours. Out of desperation can I start cutting up the leaves and stems off the males and smoke them or should I be patient and just stick to the plan and make hash...I really really want to smoke my green tonight. Should I? Advice for all of you have known the pull of a shitty day and growing weed in your closet. Help yoda, can I smoke the hanging males while my females grow? The males have only been hanging for 8 hours...Has anyone been that desperate and loved the green so much...."Weed is from the earth. God put this here for me and you. Take advantage man..." and I quote smokey from Friday.

• Like Like x 1

11. Just wait and be patient, make hash.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hey Skunky! Thanks for all the great answers! And thanks, Fadda, for asking the extra questions...as it helps me feel a LITTLE less stupid! LOL! Anyhow, thanks again, Skunky...and I like your signature too! Pretty cool.

13. No problem man, glad i could help. :)

14. what was the last picture of? are those some kind of premature buds? i found some on one of my plants and ive never seen them before. Are they smokable?(will they get you high, of course theyre smokeable)

15. What this one ?? Nah man, there burst male pollen sacks if your plant's male, like the pictures with the ball like things, these are pollen sacks, then you should make hash. Or where you referring to the picture of the hermi if you have small balls and buds then you have a hermi, they will be smoke able they will just have seeds in, and they will pollinate your crop, so it's really up to you whether you grow it or keep it.

Also if you want post a pic and i will tell you whether it's a hermi or just a male.
    :)

[​IMG]

16. thanks for the help successfully eradicated all the balls from the room :D 1/5 female. wtf.

17. Thanks man, Im new to this and this helped out alot..

18. Wow great thread, when I first started cultivating my own plans for my illness I thought it would be hard to tell the difference between male and female plants. It seems to difficult at first but to my surprise I noticed the male plants well before they cause any naughty problems.

Good Photos

19. I'm glad i could help, yep the trick is to just keep on grooming/checking them over you will spot the male's and you can chuck them out.

20. Sweet, now I can find which plants to obtain sexual pleasures from!!!

I mean what!!!!

Nice guide! Will definitely print it out when I start growing.
    Even male plants have ball sacks :laughing: