Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to tell when firecrackers are ready to eat?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by boonub, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Well, I baked .5 (7) weed firecrackers in a small black and decker oven ( the ones where you plug in ) for about 350/Fahrenheit for about 30-35minutes because of the oven being so old. Theres no distinct smell to it but when I open them and smell closely, it has a smell of a bad odor which is a sign of its ready 2 eat??

2. thats more than enough time. the one time i made them i used a gram for only 25 min at 350. worked great

3. i cook mine at 325 for 18-20 minutes. I say more than enough time.

4. umm depending on how good the oven is, that might have been too much time. Are the crackers dark and does it taste/smell/look overdone?

btw, they are ready to eat right after you take them out the oven, but keep for a long time. I've eaten a firecracker after a month and a half and got BLASTED.

5. Yeah, crackers were dark and it had a smel/taste. I had people sample them but some hit and others didnt

6. next time you do it do it at 325 and for 18-22 min. if you cook it at 350 you have a chance of burning the THC which would make sense because of ^^ that post.

7. #7 Paleo Edibles, Oct 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2010

THC doesn't break down during a heat process as easily when already submerged and extracted into a lipid or an oil. In fact I've never once been able to overcook an edible on about 300-350, because I don't think I've ever eaten an edible that was done correctly and didn't produce a high, even times I've (stondedly) accidentally left olive oil cooking an extraction for over about 10 minutes at about 400 degrees. If there is bubbling because of heat in your oil, butter, or peanut butter cooking process, that means youre doing something right. Make sure you try to use peanut butter that the oil comes separated and non-hydrogenated.

8. Yeah that must have been too long then man. 350 for no longer than 25 mins is good. I've been using 22 mins lately. It ensures they cook thoroughly without burning or getting extra crispy [when they are really dark, they are almost unedible].

Not true. I cook at 350 every time I make firecrackers. 350 for 30-35 minutes was his problem. Had he did 21 mins Im sure things would have been different. After about 27 mins they start degrading quickly.