How to tell when a bud has been pollinated?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by HotPead, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Is there a way to tell if a branch or set of buds has been pollinated?

I want to make some seeds. I have 2 females and 1 male. The male is just barely starting to form pollen balls and my females have always started to flower.

Once the pollen balls explode/open how do I tell if my buds have been pollinated?

2. You will see some seeds develop on the female plant. Take a painters brush and place some pollen manually on the female plant!

3. immediately, there is no obvious sign as to which calyxes have been pollinated. After 2 or 3 days though, the pistils for pollinated calyxes will "mature," turning orange/brown and coiling.

the calyx will start to swell shortly with the developing seed....and thats when you can start specifically identifying them

4. I am about 2 weeks after pollinating my plants. I tapped the open pollen sacks over a credit card, tapped the pollen over my female pistils and so far nothing. I did this multiple times on 2 different plants, many different bud sites and nothing is showing up at all.

5. Exactly right, you will not see seeds forming for a few weeks tho. good luck

6. ive always wondered if manually pollinating would work lol

7. it does. I did it in the past.