Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to tell when a bowl is done?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by JefeGrande, Nov 10, 2009.

1. How do you know when the weed is done? When its white?

Another thing, do you use a screen when using a pipe? becasue when I get close to what I think is the end the weed starts to get sucked into the pipe.

2. Once it starts to taste like shit i usually dump it.

3. #3 abnormldood, Nov 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2009
    1.) When it's all ash you can actually taste it. Turn the bowl over and lightly tap it on your palm to knock the ash away and if there's nothing in the bowl it's gone.

2.) It depends on what type of pipe and if you're packing buds or shake. What I usually do is plug up the hole with a little bud and then fill over it. People are also known to cover it with a small pebble.

EDIT: A common problem with noobies is not knowing how hard to suck the bowl. You don't have to suck that hard to pull smoke. Try doing it a little lighter so that the smoke slowly fills your lungs.

4. I always put in a screen on my metal pipe...
    My glass spoon I just put a nug in and I'm set.

5. When it starts tasting like shit and starts turning white. Also if when you light it it doesn't glow orange it's done.

If you aren't sure, try and crush it, if it just crushes and is ash then load a new bowl.

6. When your not getting any more smoke.

7. When there is no cherry, when the weed is white, then you get no smoke and it tastes like shit.

8. When it's white it's usually done. However if it's a deeper bowl it may need to be stirred. Just blow off the top layer of white and take a poker or something and stir it around so there's some black/green on top.

9. When you inhale burnt ashed plant matter.

Yes, when it's cashed.

10. When the weed is no longer weed, but ash. That is when the bowl should be emptied.
    And yes, I use a screen with any pipe I'm using. Can't stand having ash in my mouth.
    Hahah

11. Really OP?

Personally I never use a screen. If you know how to pack and hit a bowl correctly it won't shit on you even with a big hole. No need to be a fuckin vacuum. Talking about glass bowls here.