HOW TO TELL THE SEX OF YOUR SEED (PIC INCLUDED). is this true????

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jabsgrow, Aug 30, 2010.

1. i just came across this on weedportal. i really dont think its accurate or possible, but maybe someone has some experiences or can help explain why this is false.

i am not saying this is true, or that it works or is correct. so please dont argue with me cuz i am not on any side here

Attached Files:

• mf.jpg
      mf.jpg
      File size:
      98 KB
      Views:
  2. Very interesting, never heard of this.

3. from what i have read i didnt think there was anyway to determin sex untill preflowers,the 1 in 10 odds seem a bit off for male to female ratio aswell

4. I call bs. If the seeds are not feminized there is a 50/50 male to female chance. I don't think just because a seed is a certain shape will tell you if it's a female. I would have definitely found something like that out a year ago when I was first interested in growing. Also, you never see anyone talking about seed shapes and sex because it just doesn't work that way.

5. That is some funny stuff. Sorry it's just a joke they are playing on new growers.
    "morphodite" lol :D.

6. And Rumple has spoken. There ya go!

7. If this were true it would have been very common knowledge for years.

8. dont know if this is true. dont really care. but it just so happens i lost my seed so i have to start with a new one.
    Since I read this im gonna pick a seed with the clearest depression and germinate to test this theory.
    Might as well give it a try.. right

9. This little diagram has been circulating for a long time, and it is completely untrue.

Mentok, you can't "test a theory" with a single trial.

10. Yes you can. To obtain scientific objectivity and rule out variables more would be needed.

He just chose a "poor" testing method.

11. lol hitler and obama

12. lol. Toasty, you are prob right. I'm not going to argue with you whether it is true or not.

And as for my "experiment", ill admit it rly is poor. For it to actually hold some weight i would need more seeds with diff conditions etc etc (variables could be endless..)

But, alas, i only used one seed, so the most I could do is prove that it "could" be true.

In all reality, I just happened to run into this thread when starting a new grow, so my actual dedication to this "experiment" is definitely questionable.

13. OK, "trial" away. But it's like speculating that you can predict the outcome of a coin toss and then tossing a coin once to test your theory -- you have a 50% chance of being right just by random odds so isn't "testing" a thing.

14. I agree........you better try two seeds.