Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to tell sativa and indica strains apart from street dealers? what is ruderalis?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by JohnNJ, Nov 16, 2012.

1. So, I'm kid of curious on how you're supposed to know what is what when buying on the "streets". Not everybody has connects that can get the dankiest dank around so you have to deal with what you can get. I'm just curious as the difference from the two, and how to tell them both apart. I could easily look this up, but I'd like my question to be answered by the community. Also I did a report in school and it had to be health related, (medicine, sports, etc) so I looked up "what is marijuana" and wrote. But while reading I came across something familiar, but odd at the same time. I read this;

Cannabis sativa
    Cannabis indica
    Cannabis ruderalis

Now, what is ruderalis?

2. Ruderalis you never want to smoke a straight Ruderalis they are crossed with indicas/sativas to make them grow faster all autoflower strains have Ruderalis. Also Ruderalis are tough they grow wild they are in the cannabis fam but genetically they are not wanted for there highs like sativas and indicas but more so for there fast growing abllity and high tolerance to bugs then they get mixed with let's say a slows growing sativa to shorten the flowering time and boost it's Resllience to bad stuff.

3. ^^ Wow hard to understand.

4. 99.9% of the time the strains you get in the streets are hybrids of the two. Seems like a lot of the marijuana I smoke begins with a Sativa like high, and a few hours later a crushing Indica high. It's not likely that you'll find 100% Purebred strain unless you order some seeds online and grow them yourself.

And ruderalis is like a dwarf Cannabis plant, instead of growing 3-8 feet tall like Indicas and Sativas, It's usually about a foot tall. It was popularized I believe because growers wanted to cross potent genetics into a plant that won't grow so huge and is easier to conceal.

Correct me if I'm wrong blades.

5. If you're talking about PURE ruderalis than yes they are very small hemp plants that are very low in potency.

Indica and sativa plantsrun on a light cycle such as 18/6( 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness) which mimics the suns patterns dueing the day followed by a 12/12 light cycle which mimics the patterns of the sun during the autumn. the 12/12 light pattern is what causes the hemp plant to start flowering our dank, smokable buds.But ruderalis plants do not run on this cycle and are set to flower whenever the plant is ready to so they can flower without the 12/12.

If you don't have a leaf of the actual plants you can't determine if its sativa or indica in my knowledge anyways. If you do than an indica leaf is very stout and almost fat, while the sativa is very long and skinny.

Now people who say autoflowers suck have either tried some low grade high ruderalis% cross 8 years ago. Current autoflowers are amazing. Those big time strains like green diesel, AK47,white widow are all crossed with ruderalis plants and are amazing!