Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

how to tell quality bud?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by toke it up1986, Jan 1, 2009.

1. okay im smokin and its got me thinking, how can i tell if my buds quality shit?

2. I'd also like to point out the nugs in this thread... God they make me horny.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/seasoned-tokers/314200-seasoned-toker-do-i-qualify-pictures.html

On a most serious note. I've had the dank ass bud compressed for transport from California to Virginia. It rolled out of a bag looking like dog poop, but god darn did it get me blazed as hell. So for me its all realitive. Good bud that's traveled a long distance can still be quality shit.

Generally speaking, freshly harvested and dried 'strained' bud is quality shit.

In my opinion, which all are open to disagree with, it's shitty weed grown from bag seed or grown without any care of germination (among other things) that give weed a bad name. But lets all be honest - it will all get you high. I just prefer an honest to goodness strain over unknown bud.

3. Mainly the smell. I've smelled probably a million different kinds of weed. You can tell a lot from the weed... sativa or indica... quality... etc... You just have to smell a lot of good weed, bad weed, and all that's in between.

4. Sometimes you have to go with smell like dakushman said above, I've smoked some smelly ass ( a good smell in my opinion ) schwag lookin' shit, but it tore me up after smoking it, and I've also smoked some dank sticky icky, that wasn't that good.

5. Use your senses: touch, feel, smell, taste... or listening to the people above ^^^ may be a good idea too, lol!

6. Smell will tell you a small part of the info. Mids and Dank can be pretty damn close, smell wise.

I agree with the reply ^, use your touch, smell and looking at the bud. All of this can give you a hint at the quality.

Smoking it usually is the best way :rolleyes:

Elend.

7. definately squeeze it, you want hard dense bud, mids are fluffy sometimes. look at it, do you see any red/orange hairs or trichomes? Good bud usually doesn't have any seeds and maybe a few stems. Dank has no seeds or stems. Smell the bud, after a while you'll be able to tell good bud by smell. If it reeks, it is another indicator of good bud.