Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to tell parents I have my medical card?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by mayasweed, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Hi everyone :) I've been smoking daily now for about 6 months. I am 18 and still live with my parents and I am a senior in high school. I live in Michigan, which is a legal medical marijuana state. I'm planning on getting my medical card as soon as possible. I am sick of hiding my daily usage of marijuana. I do everything possible to hide my usage from my parents. Smoking weed has became apart of my life and I want to be open with my parents. I am wondering how I should go about telling my parents I smoke ( planning on doing that once I receive my medical card). I have been caught smoking by them before and they were very angry, telling me how bad weed is for me, how I can't smoke it as long as I'm under their roof etc. any kind advice would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Yes. Don't smoke until you done with high school. Are you going to college? Don't let weed define you. Respect the parents and after you get back from a year of college you can address your life choice and be able to prove to them you are "Billy" and not another "stoner".

Check out my first grow.
    https://forum.grasscity.com/index.p...x6'-tent+-Newbie=what-could-go-wrong?.1420015. Sent from my magical device that provide bud pictures and hot girls

• Like Like x 1
  3. Smoking in teens is detrimental to their health . Sounds like you are just a pothead looking for an alibi to get stoned , since you don't mention any ailment that you would need pot for . Live under their house live under their rules . They are trying to protect your young undeveloped mind .

4. That's some real advise from Dickie. Take a break. See if you are you or you are a pothead.

Check out my first grow.
    https://forum.grasscity.com/index.p...x6'-tent+-Newbie=what-could-go-wrong?.1420015. Sent from my magical device that provide bud pictures and hot girls

5. Yes I'm going to college... I have been taking Prozac for 5 years. Weed helps me SO much with my anxiety, depression and OCD. I feel like weight is lifted off my shoulders and I can finally think. my mind isn't constantly running with overwhelming thoughts, I get a break. Smoking isn't just some fun thing I do to "get high". Lol. It truly helps me a lot

• Like Like x 1
  6. If mental illness was covered under the qualifications for receiving a medical marijuana card like it is in many other states, I could qualify within a snap of a finger. But it's not. I am going to have to use my migraines as a way to get my medical card.