Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

how to tell my mom I smoke

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SMOKE-KUSH, Jun 29, 2013.

1. I've been an occasional smoker for around 6 years now. At first it was only on special occasions sort of thing, maybe did it a few times a year. However, i'm 19 now and i'm ready to fully embrace my love of the green. I have an issue however, telling my mom. My mom has always been fairly tolerant of the things I do.. she's fine with me drinking alcohol in moderation, going to clubs, playing explicit music, dating girls etc..She's not one of those extremely strict and protective parents. However, she's always told me ever since I was a child, if she ever caught or found out I was smoking cigarettes, she doesn't know what she'd do. That's the one thing she's always reminded me and my sister not to do. She never even talked to us about drugs, because her message about cigarettes were so explicit. 

However, In recent months she's caught me smoking from a hookah(shisha) pipe. Although at first she was extremely angry with me and threw my pipe away, she started to come to terms with it and she's aware i've done it since. I just think it's the whole image of me smoking from a cigarette that she doesn't like. I don't smoke anyway, I only use tobacco when i'm rolling joints, which I rarely do. I use tobacco flavoured hookah flavours too. 

I'm starting to think that perhaps if I tell her I smoke marijuana she may be ok with it..I rarely smoke joints, I normally pack a bowl and hit a bong or pack up a hookah.. She may be more understanding of this instead of seeing me smoke a stick type thing. However, this is extremely slim.. it's probably 90% chance she'll completely flip out. 

Thoughts guys? It's going to be a long summer and I really want to be able to smoke up and just enjoy the summer. Right now I can only smoke up when i'm home alone or when it's late at night. Both times i'm on edge, I have to shower straight after, mouthwash etc. Avoid her due to eyes. 

P.S. i'm off to start college after summer anyway where i'll be living alone. I could just wait till then. 

If you've proven you're responsible and a productive stable person then she should take it well. My mother was only ok with it when I proved to her that smoking doesn't stop me from getting a job, an education, and living life. That's all moms are afraid of. Prove to her it doesn't affect your success in life in a bad way and she should take it well. 

3. Just tell her and see what happens. worst case shes pissed, you tell her you won't tell you move out but likely do anyway.

4. If she has only expressed concern over tobacco, it seems to me like she's probably most worried about health or addiction. I would be prepared with some studies on the physical effects of smoking cannabis vs tobacco and just have an adult conversation with her about it.

5. I got kicked out when i told my mom, i was also 15 though. Last week though i heard my mom say they need to just legalize it already it was one of the greatest things ive ever heard. When i was 19 i was living with a friend and my mom gave me a ride to work in the mornings since we worked at the same place. Thats when i would talk to her about it, come to find out she was just misguided and fed all the lies that the government wants you to believe about it. She said stoners cant hold jobs, its like mom you pick me up every morning and i go to work. Just be cautious because she might flip out and tell you to go, in which case i would make sure in advance you can stay with a friend for a day or two just in case. Dont blatantly tell her shes wrong you gotta explain why, every reason she hates weed you should have a counter statement for it on why its not true.

6. 90% dude? Why would you put your mother in a state of distress unless you have to? There's really no reason to tell your mother unless it's absolutely necessary, but when thinking of when it would have to be necessary I don't think I can find a time when it would be necessary so don't tell her man.

7. Thats true too. My mom sincerely asked me and i couldnt lie anymore about it so i just told her. If theres no reason to tell her then leave it be. I gaurantee it wont change anything. You wont be able to smoke at home and she isnt gonna let you brong weed in the house so youll still have to sneak it.

8. I would gauge her reaction by first showing her this article- 

Pot compound seen as tool against cancer      (news – 2012)
    http://www.sfgate.com/health/article/Pot-compound-seen-as-tool-against-cancer-3875562.php#page-1

Talking points - 1 in 8 women get breast cancer, and those are unacceptable odds when we are talking about your mother! Angelina Jolie's mastectomy was just because of FEAR of breast cancer after seeing her mother die of it! If CBD causes breast cancer cells to revert to normal, wouldn't it seem likely that a daily dose of CBD would keep the cells from becoming cancerous?  CBD does NOT get a person high, and new strains of "High CBD" cannabis are available in MMJ states.

Hope that helps! And send me an email for a copy of my List! (bottom of my sig) The List has all sorts of helpful articles in it!  Educate yourself, then educate Mom!

Granny