Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to tell if your friend smokes?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Zero Cool, Aug 19, 2008.

1. How can I tell if my friend smokes? I've known him for as long as I've been alive and I've seen a few things that may mean he does and one that hints towards not. In Call of Duty 4, you can put a clan tag in front of your name. His used to be 'bigL'. Also he texts his friends about partying a lot. (He got a new phone and I was checking it out) But I think he might not because he uses the term 'pot head' for people who smoke and not too many smokers use that term as far as I know. So how can I either bring up the subject of smoking or how can I tell without asking? Any help would be greatly appreciated :wave:
    PS: Sorry if this is the wrong section for this, but it seems to kinda fit IMO

2. Ask him. And I've been smoking for years and hadn't heard the term "L" in reference to a blunt until recently, so really it could mean anything.

3. The term has been around for around a year near Jersey and I saw it only like 5 months ago, haven't gone on his 360 since. But how would I phrase it? Just a simple 'do you smoke pot?' Or should I first tell him that I do too because I used to be an anti-everything bad kinda fag. But I don't wanna put myself on the limb of telling him in case he's anti-weed and he may lose respect for me. And don't say that if he does lose respect for me he's not a real friend, that shit only flies when it comes to liking a girl they find ugly and shit like that

4. I've had friends with serious substance abuse issues and never lost respect for them. The fact that you blaze shouldn't be the thing that ends a friendship. You're not asking him if he's gay or something.

And, despite it not "flying" according to you, the fact of the matter is a true friendship shouldn't hinge on something as simple as smoking weed. Would you abandon people you consider your "real friends" because of a habit of theirs that isn't adversely affecting your relationship.

That being said, I imagine if he did smoke it would come up at some point, unless you really are that discrete about it to the point that he doesn't suspect you do, so he might not.

5. Well over the past year, he moved so we haven't chilled as often. I recently got bagged so I'll tell him that first and then see how he reacts. And yea I use weird words. I'm not too sure on how he'll act when he finds out, and I don't want to find out that he's disappointed with me or something. He's a few years older than me, and he kinda took the big brother role over me when we were kids so he might think he went wrong somewhere. BTW +rep for you bagpiper, I like people who come back to a thread they've posted in to see if their post has been replied to:)

6. I wouldn't put too much stock in his reference to "pot heads." I am pretty undercover and all my coworkers and many of my friends believe I can't stand those lazy ass pothead stoners. :cool:

7. Even some of us stoners hate the lazy ass pothead ones...lol

And thank you Mr. Cool.

8. ooooh 'Mr. Cool' I like:)

9. I felt the need to put my two cents in on this one, I havent been smoking long but I would never hide smoking pot from a friend now if I dont tell somone I have good reason he could be similar to me in the fact that he doesnt do it with people that often. I have my one friend and we blaze together all the time other than that I dont like people knowing that are close to me. However you should never be ashamed of smoking pot unless your abusing it and if he gets disapointed in you he might have good reason always hear the other person out he might have some life long experince that your un-aware of for reasons unknown. Also I use the term pot head all the time its just another lame name lol they mean nothing. Im not a stoner/pothead/drug user...Im me and me alone. What other people label me as is bull shit and thats the truth.

I really hope I dont ramble I always feel like I am rambling when im high. Either way best of luck ill be back to see if I can say any more to help you. Dont worry about what your friends think if you think your in the right dont show weekness that may say other wise.

10. haha i got two of my closest friends into the herb. ^_^ well my BEST friend and this other guy i hang out with. and yeah i think you should just ask him. i mean its really as simple as "hey dude do you smoke pot?" if yes, then cool, if no then, "do you want to?" ;P

11. It shouldn't be that hard to get an honest answer from someone who truly does smokes. I keep my smoking on the down low, just because of loud mouth friends that go to my work. But for the most part, there should be no reason why he should be offended. Just naturally work the question in there somehow. Not difficult at all.

12. Yea, I've come to the conclusion that if he's a real friend and he doesn't do it, he wouldn't really care too much. Next time I see him I'll just ask up front

13. i call people potheads all the time lol.
    why not just ask him?

14. I don't know. Calling a person a "pothead" is about the equivalent of calling someone "four eyes" over the age of 13. It's just kind of childish to me, I guess.

15. When your friend was naming himself "BigL" he wasn't talking about blunts. He was talking about the rapper - Big L.

16. that's because you smoke and choose to believe that

17. you can do what i did with my cousin... i was lookin for some bud but my dealer was out of town.. i i know he likes rap and he knows what was is he knows basic joint prices and bowl prices..so i thought maybe just maybe he smokes and could help me get an o. so i walked up to him and this is how it went down (he dont know i smoke still)

Me: hey do you smoke weed?
    Him: no
    Me: k laters.
    Him: Laters
    (i walk away) simple as that :p although i didnt be a jerk and ya know ask him all stupid as if i dont like talkin to him unless i need something. just asked nicely lol.

18. just be like "u smoke that killa?"