Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to tell if you have a concussion?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Crackhead420, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Ok basically I want this to be a short thread that I can end soon. Basically I got a bump on the head while I was high. My high has worn off and Im not sure if this is a symptom of a concussion or just the after effects of weed. Ive just drank a cup of tea. Basically I can see perfectly fine, Im in a mellow mood, I feel kinda confused for some reason, I don't have a headache, I feel a bit tired, I feel like my heads a bit "outta place" (I feel this while high though so take note of that). Yh I wanna smoke more tonight but Im worried Ill pass out from the concussion or whatever, can I have help asap or a test? And no I really don't feel like calling the ambulance, thanks.

2. I also feel like I cant really concentrate but that could also be a weed after effect

3. So you've never smoked weed before or what?

4. Nope Ive been smoking for about a year

5. How hard did you bump your head? Did you feel any different after you bumped your head compared to before you bumped your head?

6. First off, how hard did you hit your head and where?
    Are you able to remember dates? How about counting down from say.... 50 out loud? (50, 49, 48....) can you do that? At a decent good pace?
    How about moving your head around? Does that make you feel dizzy or nauseous?
    You are more than likely ok and you are just being paranoid, but do monitor how you are feeling just to be safe. Need more info to be more helpful.

7. Kinda hard, it hurt a decent amount, I think I feel a bit different but as I said it could be the thc effects

Kinda hard (got punched), I can remember dates but what do you mean by that? I can count 50 and below, I feel kinda dizzy but not really and "lost" again Im not sure, I recon if I had a 15 min nap it would be gone when I wake up, should I do that or stay awake? 

8. If you can remember dates such as family birthdays, your own, today's date, you are probably fine.
    Honestly, play it safe and stay awake for a while, drink water and let your system sort itself out. But if you can come on grasscity and make posts like these, your good bro.,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

9. #9 Crackhead420, Aug 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2013
    Thank you so much! I got really paranoid cause I over worry at times, if I got punched at least 4-6 hours ago then when should I sleep and can I smoke now?
    I feel slightly normal as time progresses but still a bit "zoning" kind of, btw the bud I had was really high grade but I didn't smoke much

10. Also when I shine a light on my pupils they go smaller

11. thats a natural reaction from light being shone in your eyes. if your pupils didnt dilate then i would be worried but like others have said if you can remember dates and count backwards and make these posts you are probably good. now if you were lethargic couldnt count down or remember dates and felt like your head was in outer space then i would worry. also having happened 4-6 hours ago you are probably good to nap for a bit or at least rest your eyes and relax.

12. #12 Crackhead420, Aug 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2013
    Ahh ok thanks Ill probably just sleep but I stupidly called nhs and told them my details, will they keep it on their records?

13. probably but that info is confidential and can only be accessed by hospital personnel and only when it is required. did you tell them you had smoked?

14. No haha I don't wanna get arrested about some bs, ahh fuck then