Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

how to tell if its airtight?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by whodatdere, Aug 17, 2009.

1. i have a few containers that i could store my buds in and was trying to figure out if they were making an airtight seal and was wondering if there was a quick way to see...

they both make snapping noises when shut and seem like they would, but i want to be sure.

thanks.

2. silicon caulk would make damn sure, just dont let it dry while on the container, or its not coming off easily.

Mason jars work really good and they are pretty cheap.:smoking:

3. It's not a perfect way to check but you can fill them with water and see if they leak. It still might not be perfectly airtight if it holds water but it'll be close.

4. how would i make sure with caulk? could you explain?

5. You could also seal air in the containers and put them under like 4 feet of water if you have access to a pool.

6. If you can smell the weed inside of the container, then it isn't airtight. If a container really is airtight, the smell can't be carried outside of the container

7. some containers just take longer to let the smell out. it may take several hours or even longer, but if its not airtight it will get out.

pill bottles, for instance, work for a little while, but if theres been weed in there for a long time the bottle will smell like it.

8. Exactly. A pill bottle isn't completely airtight so the smell WILL leak out eventually.

Really, you only need a mason jar or something airtight if you're storing buds for over a week or curing the buds. Ziplock bags are fine if you're killing the sac in 3 days or so

9. this is a good way. my ultimate suggestion go with something with a guarantee.

Tightvac - Vacuum Sealed Food Containers - The Coffee & Tea Container! New Revolutionary Vacuum Sealed Food Containers - Airtight, Smellproof Containers that Vacuum Seal dry goods for 1 year! Airtight Vacuum Seal. Everytime. 1ST-CHRISTMAS.COM, 1-BIRT

10. for testing airtightness this might work, but only in like a glass stash. Try putting a lit match in the container. It should go out pretty quickly and then fill it with smoke. Wait a few minutes and if you can smell the smoke through the container then chances are it's not air tight.

I just thought I this so it's not tried and true but it's worth a try. Good luck