Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

how to tell if its a sativa or indica ...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by KushSmokaa, Feb 2, 2011.

1. without smoking.

obviously theres alot of other threads but i looked through them and all of them were saying smoke it and see, but this kid claims hes getting bubba kush and i looked it up and its an indica so i wanna know if its really bubba kush before i smoke any.

i heard nug size but im only buying a dime, so there wont be any big nugs. thanks

also i was watching some video with curren$y in it [rapper] and he was like breaking nugs in half and smelling them and looking at the inside then saying what he thought they were. thanks

2. My sister tells me that she remembers reading online somewhere that you can tell the difference (indica or sativa) by how it breaks up. One is really easy to break up, and the other is harder to break up.

I've been looking online to try to find out and I haven't found anything. Anybody have anything on the subject?

3. Dude chances are its not Bubba Kush unless this guy gets it direct from a grower or dispensary. 90% of strain names are bullshit, so if its dank and at a reaosnable price then go for it.

4. your really going to examine a dime bag... i would never sell to you again

5. Indica buds break up really easy. sativa buds are always stick together

6. Not sure if this is true but from what I noticed, sativa bud are usually more fluffy and indica more dense.

7. Yeaaa I'd have to agree with this man. Maybe if you were buying some weight it'd be something to actually worry about.

8. That's been my experience as well though I'm sure there are exceptions. The sativa's I have had also seem to be a paler green than the darker indicas, but again that is just my experience.

9. You're shit out of luck, but who cares if you're just getting a dime bag.

Light green color generally indicates sativa dominant strains whereas dark green tends to be indica dominant strains. That's by no means an accurate way of telling the two apart though, just smoke it and see.. You shouldn't be standing up your dealer because he can't get you an indica dominant strain, he's not a dispensary.

10. dude really? no need to be an asshole, im going to buy a dime first to see if its good and i wanted to know how i could tell if its really bubba kush, since from my experiences kush is an indica. im not gonna take it and stand there and examine a dime, but when i get home i want to tell.

i was just asking a question. so without smoking it is there a way to tell? like smell? ive heard one strain smells like an earthy skunky smell but to me an "Earthy" smell and a "skunk" smell are very different.

11. i just read some of your post and out of the 12 post you have about 10 of them are just you being an asshole and insulting someone for asking a question, dont comment unless your going to contribute to the thread.

12. There's no way to tell for sure.

Smoke it, if you like the high, buy more of it.

13. and he only has 12 posts...