Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

how to tell if bud is dank or mids

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by MrNiceGuys, Jul 20, 2011.

1. hey i have 2 dealers that i buy from and i can tell that the bud i get from one dealer is way diff. then the bud from the other dealer. the bud i get from one dealer is really compact nugs and the bud i get from the other guy isnt really compressed that well and if it is its like loose and stuff. does that mean its not as good or is it just harvested shitty or what? and is there anything i should look for when buying bud? like any features the nug should have??

2. Smoke that shit up bro

3. #3 bonghits14, Jul 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2011
    The best way to tell is obviously to smoke it. Sometimes I get fluffy ass nugs that don't look that great, but end up knocking me on my ass. Then, I get these tight ass nugs that grind up real fine, and knock me on my ass. I think the difference between compact nugs and fluffy is indica vs sativa, but I'm really just talking out of my ass so I could be wrong.

4. Look under a light of some sort..look for crystals, trichs.

It's hit or miss unless you know your dealers on a personal level. If you know their methods of growing and what clones they use..you can definitely get an idea by smoking it and then looking up the particular strain. A lot of reviews are spot on from Marijuana Strain Effects - Leafly

5. I usually go by crystals.

I don't know how technically accurate that is, but it's served me well so far.

6. Go look at some of the threads in the stash jar and if they look anything close to those buds its dank.

Bonghits- you are correct about satuva/indica, loose/compact

7. Whatever nug you look at and wanna eat raw is the danker

8. Density doesn't haven to do with Indica/Sativa Its just how it was grown. My friend grew this Skywalker and it was fluffy ass fuck but had SO many trichs and kicked my ass.

9. depends if you smoke dank you go to the moon if you smoke mids you just go back to your dealer to beat his ass for selling you mids

10. 2 the moon alice 2 the moon

11. Send it to me and I'll analyze it.

Seriously though, with experience you'll learn how to judge quality.

12. If a bud is covered in crystals, it's dank. Look for the crystals.

13. Actually,
    as a general rule of thumb, at the right conditions, indicas will produce harder denser nugs than sativas which will produce looser less compact nugs. Its just the plant and bud structures are different. That's why there are sooo many indicas and fewer sativas. Most grower like the higher yeilding traits of indicas

Your friends skywalker was grown fluffy probably due to warm temperatures or not enough adequate lighting. However i have no doubt it was some bomb ass stuff.

14. They are not crystals, and that's not always true. Some really good looking bud is 'meh' when you smoke it.

15. OSG is right. You can have a plant absolutely coverd in trichs and harvest it when 70 percent clear, its gonna be less than 'meh'.

16. You're right. Sativas tend to be less dense than Indicas. For the most part.