How to tell if a Salt piece is legit?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by laxterbater022, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Hey blades, so back home at my lhs they have a few pieces that seem to be done by Salt. When I asked the worker i never get a clear answer because he is really really Indian. So is there any spot in particular he signs? I know I've seen him do it inside the bowl but are there any other things I can look at to make sure its a legit Salt slide??

2. Salt signs every piece on the inside of the bowl weather it be a bowl, pipe, or chillum. I have 15 pieces by him and the only one that is not signed on the inside is a electroplated chillum but he did scratch his name on the clear glass part. He also puts the year that he did those pieces next to his name. I collect Salt so if you have any more questions ask away.

3. Best way would be to post pics on TC and he might come on and let you know. Thats what I did but now he has a FB page so that might be a faster way

4. Not too many headshops carry Salt work, and if they did im almost 100% sure they would know. lol

Lots of people copy salts style though. Usually pretty easy to tell by the way he signs and the quality of his work.
    :smoking:

Like the guy above me said, post some pictures of it if you really cant tell.

5. Yeah I thought I had a legit one but when I posted it on here someone questioned it so I put it on TC and Salt came on and told me it was a fake.