Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to tell good weed from bad weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by smartstoner1, Oct 9, 2011.

1. I am about to get weed from this new guy and i dont know him well so I want to know how can i tell good weed from bad weed? he asked me if i wanted dro or raggie and i said dro, he said aight. He seemed pretty chill but u never know.

I have bought weed before but it was from a friend so he never ripped me off, but now that it's like this i want to know what should i do to make sure i dont ger ripped off. Like what should it smell like? look like? I also said i wanted to buy a few pre rolled for when i dont have time to roll so what should i do to make sure i get good bud in my blunts since this are harder to tell.

2. Check the density, smell, and look for little fuzzy looking hairs. You want nothing that's brown, or pre-ground.

3. dont ask for pre rolled shit you IDIOT... nuff said dont be an idiot dude roll ur own shit so YOU KNOW WHAT YOURE ROLLING?????? good lord be smart

4. If it isn't brown???

5. asking for them pre rolled is a good way to get ripped off, 1 cuz you cant see whats in it and 2 anyone that smokes alot knows how to roll/has a piece

6. It should be green or any color except for brown. Make sure it's not full of sticks and seeds, make sure it's crystally and do not buy pre-rolled. Just roll your own. Good luck.

7. If it's a white powder it's that shwag shit man, if it's a hard pink rock it's dank Yo if it's wet and drips water it's that DRO DANK DRO

I'm joking :D bad weed has allot of stems,not many trichomes or hairs for that matter, it wont smell much and will have allot of seeds.

Good weed will smell good have loads of hairs and usually be very frosty and sticky. No seeds not many stems either.

8. yo dude one punk did sell me and my bro an oz of some "dank" very questionable heres why..

it had no seeds/barely any stems BUT it had no motherfucking trichomes with alot of pistils..
    what causes no trichomes (earthy not dank smell also)
    i got this a long time ago but yeah what causes this

9. I clearly said for when I dont want to roll. Knowing how to read is a good way to start to prove you aint the idiot here. I know gettin pre rolled is very risky, thus why I said what to look for in a blunt since those are hard to tell.

10. ok im sorry for calling you an idiot but keep in mind idiots ask dealers to roll them for them and sell it to them..

its hard to tell because you gotta rip the blunt open to see the weed thats in it?? plus itll be broken up so itll be even harder after you do that...

did you start smoking yesterday??

11. Surprisingly, no. I have been smoking for quite a while now, just so happens to be that I have since then moved and I got referred to this dealer, and since my old good buddy who used to sell me the bud was kind enough to roll em up for me and NOT rip me off, I was hoping I would be able to do the same with this guy, and was just asking for help for anyone who had any input in buying green from unknown dealers.

12. If you want tips on buying from a new dealer than the biggest tip is to not asked for it pre rolled. End of story. Yes your friend was nice to roll them for you but he was also your friend. A dealer who doesn't know you would take that you asking for pre rolled blunts as a sign to rip you off for making him/her go thru the exta effort just because you can't roll your own.

13. funky smell funky look funky trichomes everything funky

14. ^ he smokes the funky shit

but yea dude the time it takes to roll it id charge ya in weed ;)

15. hahah yezir

all my threads are funky funk

16. #16 twilly123, Oct 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2011
    it should be bright green, not dark green or brown. it should also smell very pungent, usually skunky or lemony, not earthy. it should also be covered in little white crystals when looked at closely. if your in doubt post pics and we can tell u if its good or not. and lastly, never buy pre rolled bud.

EDIT: should look like the first pic, not the second

Attached Files:

17. Dro means hydroponic! Ask him for a strain name. If he doesn't have one look for trichomes, check if its sticky and ask if you can smoke some before you buy for like $5.

18. Protip: Weed on the streets is a shady business, and in a shady business, there's shady people. Don't assume everyone will be Mr. Nice Guy.

19. aight man, thats a better way of puttin it. I wont be buyin rillos cuz the risk is to high, i can roll em up myself anyway, i was just used to getting them like that.