Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to tell convince my parents that cannabis is good for you?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Jose91jv91, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Parents now a days are just stupid...

2. i used to have to deal with the same bullshit mayne

id tell my parents weed enhances every part of my life, and honestly yeah i can be a lazy fucker but if i use weed to reward myself for studying/good grades/ accomplishing goals ect im motivated as fuck, weed is honestly a very positive thing

they say im a drug addict....wut
    you cant win with parents who think drugs are bad mmkay

[​IMG]

3. Why do you care?
    Honestly no matter what you do no kid is gonna be able to convince their parents to smoke pot if they've had the same views on it for 40-60 something years.

4. #5 Norma Stits, Apr 10, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
    [​IMG]

and whatever happened to the days of just smoking weed behind your parents backs?
    why does everyone want to try to convince them that it's good?

just smoke and don't get caught...

5. prove to them that you know nowadays is one word.
    jk but like prove to them youre responsible.

6. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW3PFC86UNI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW3PFC86UNI[/ame]

7. Be successful while smoking pot. That's pretty convincing.

8. That's all I had to ever do.

9. fuck ya! will smith!

10. How are your grades? Do you hold down a job? Are you responsible? Getting into any trouble?

Have some fucking respect for the people who have fed, clothed, and sheltered you.

11. My mom is the last person you could convince, and yesterday, she told me after a long talking session "Wats sad is you know so much about this... and its actually starting to make sense to me" XD best thing ive ever heard outta her mouth. Needless to say, its all about persistence, persistence, and MORE persistence. And, you have to learn absolutely everything about it, im talkin the scientific names for wats in the smoke, every single thing it does, dates and important events in history regarding it, every study ever made on it, wat it would do for us politically, EVERYTHING. You get yourself so well educated on it and learn every single aspect of it, and be able to sound educated when you speak about it every single time, and after about a yr or so even the strictest parents just might listen. The point is to prove that your an educated, well learned individual and not just another teen trying to justify his right to get wasted and stoned.

12. #14 Jose91jv91, Apr 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I have good grades, I'm not a genius though you know? I've had my job for about eight months now and I am very responsible.. I never get into trouble, I don't drink or do any other drugs just weed..

Okay I respect them, I just hate how they think that doing weed will lead a person to being a nobody that does nothing with their life. I'm in college right now trying to be a RN, I actually want to do something with my life and be somebody...

13. Bro why do you need to convince your parents that weed is good? Yea its harmless but so what? If they don't like it let them have there opinion. For example you might like gay butt sex and yea its harmless but that doesn't mean i have to like it too. To each his own. Your 18. You don't live with them. Shouldn't matter what they think or don't think about weed.

14. He never stated his age or that he doesn't live with his parents.

OP, your parents are just concerned about you and your health. They gave birth to you, they raised you and fed you throught your life. Most parents don't enjoy bailing their son out of jail and having a criminal record now do they?

15. Said he is in college. Meaning he is 18. Said he has had a job for 8 months which probably means he doesn't live with his parents.

16. The best way to convince parents is to make sure they don't know you smoke...I've found this bubble of ignorance to help me considerably at avoiding a lumpsum of conversations I didn't want to have in the first place (such as convincing them weed isn't all that bad).

So...Don't get caught again and you won't have to worry about convincing them.

17. If your'e in college on campus, eff em man, smoke all you want really. They dont have to know, and its not like they visit you every week... right..?

18. Lol that's not happening. It took me a couple of years after being caught to finally accept the fact that you're never going to change you're parents minds. If your parents (like my dad) are already cool with smoking pot, then they may not give you a hard time. However, if your parents (like my mom) absolutely despise the notion that their child smokes pot, they will likely give you a very hard time. And they're not going to change their mind for two reasons: One, they're taking this information from you, their kid, and they probably don't respect your input like they would their own. Secondly, most parents are just simply not going to admit to their kid that smoking is ok because they don't want to see their kid smoking. Period.

It's sad, but it's true.