How to tell childhood friends you dont wanna chill anymore

Discussion in 'General' started by AARON915, Jan 30, 2014.

1. I have two friends that I met when I was about 8 that lived on the same street as me. We chilled all the time for the last 10 or so years after that but The last year or two they've both become really boring to hangout with and they're both pretty bummy (jobless, drops outs, etc) and I don't really want negative people in my life like that to bring me down. I haven't had any idea how to tell them this, other than saying it straight up which I haven't grown the balls to do this so I've been ignoring their texts and Facebook messages for a few months now, hoping they'd get the message but they haven't.Should I just continue this or grow the balls to tell them that I don't wanna chill with them anymore? TLDR: don't wanna be friends with my childhood friends anymore and haven't grown the balls to tell them, what to do? Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

2. If they have any wit im sure they already get the picture.

3. Grow some balls and let em know whats good

4. just start disconnecting yourself from them and ease into it haha.

🌞

5. [quote name="AlphaOmega420" post="19431982" timestamp="1391045892"]If they have any wit im sure they already get the picture.[/quote]They're not the brightest. I've been ignoring them for awhile and they still try to get me to hang out a few times a week Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

6. I had the same problem.  So I moved states

7. I had to deal with a similar situation. Sometimes you gotta cut friends out man if someone does not care about their well being and building a future, I cant be part of their life. Its hard too trust me but at the end of the day you need to be around people who have similar goals and views on life.

8. Just tell them straight up man how it is ,or continue to ignore them (delete them from your fb and other social media sites) until they eventually get the picture.

9. It's not that hard. I disconnected with mine without any effort. Just fade away... Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. I'm going to delete them for now, if I ever see them around town I'll tell them that I don't wanna be friends anymore and all that which will happen probably sooner than later Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

11. same thing wit me bro. I made newmates coz my old mates were boring af!! so they started ignoring me every so often. so I just don't talk to em anymore at all. it's a let down, coz we were best mates.but you wanna be a boring soul with no will to find out everything life has to offer, then I ain't gonna stick round. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. Nah man just tell em. Don't leave em hangin.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. Mack on his wife. Worked pretty well for me.  :confused_2:

Forreal, you have to surround yourself with what's best for you. It's a tricky situation, but if you've been friends for that long then it's not cool to just leave them hanging. Every time they ask you to chill, tell them that you're busy doing something else. If they're any sort of socially conscious people, they'll take the hint and buzz off. If they ever call you on it, tell them that you're trying to surround yourself with positivity and success, and you're not getting that from their friendship. It sounds harsh, but it's the truth. They're still your boys and you'd have their back through the worst, but you're on a different path right now.

14. Dude, man up and fuckin tell them.  I've been on the other end of it before, and just dropping off without sayin shit to them is dick.  It's like breakin up with a chick, at least have the fuckin courtesy to tell them, and to tell them why.

15. It's tough man, but I'm surprised they haven't gotten the picture. Just tell them you're busy and that you can't really hang out anymore. They should get the picture. Or if you have to then be straight up and tell them the truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. I was telling them I was busy for awhile and then I just stopped responding. I'm going to hang out with them one last time this weekend and tell them that I need to stop hanging out with them before I leave Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

17. if they are your real friends you should make an effort to help them 

18. Kinda agree with fruit on this one, If they're real friends maybe try and make an effort to get them on their grind. Friends are way different then kids you grew up with in ur neighborhood Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. Rough situation. I would tell them and try to help them if you can. If they don't try or will not take your help drop them but explain why.