Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

how to store small amounts of weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by joetheman3000, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Say I had a 1/2 gram of weed
    How would I go about storing it? So it dosnt get moldy
    Paper bag?plastic bag? Jar
    And the weed is very dry

Also, how to store a joint (tobacco and weed)

2. best recommendation: a prescription pill bottle.

it's air tight so it won't go bad any time soon and it's big enough for a small joint, or several small joints. or few nugs. I split my quarter ounces between 3-4 pill bottles for trips.

3. if your looking to store it fr a while id invest in a small mason jar with a rubber seal. If youre going to smoke it in a day or two keep the plastic bag, or get a jar to keep it in. glass keeps it fresher longer

4. Thanks man, ill keep it in a precription jar. It even has one of those things that say "don't eat" in it that keeps pills or weed dry.

5. might wanna take that out, less you contaminate the bud or dry it out

6. i use an old strawberry jam jar with rubber seal

7. [quote name='"hippiechick1"']

might wanna take that out, less you contaminate the bud or dry it out[/quote]

What?

8. the 'don't eat' package inside pill bottles will contaminate your weed and dry out some of the trichomes if stored together.

9. put it in your piece because thats only like 2 bowls. how long are you planing to store this half gram? lol

10. Oh yeah wtf. Anyone who has that in there take it out.

11. In your lungs homie, .5 aint shit. GET HIIIIIIGH

12. I plan to smoke some next week, then save some more for the following week. Dis shit is insnt cheap. I plan to make it last. I didn't put it in a bottle. I took the bag it came with (very small bag) and made it close to air tight. Then I tied it all together. Now its a tied up air tight bag o weed.

And to be safe I will open it next week, smell for mold, and look for mold. If I think its good ill smoke it.

Does anyone see any flaws with keeping my stash fresh and free of mold?

13. [quote name='"joetheman3000"']I plan to smoke some next week, then save some more for the following week. Dis shit is insnt cheap. [/quote]

I cant imagine that .5 cost you more than ten bucks (ten bucks being a rip off). What you gettin it for? Youre lucky your tolerance is low as shit if you can manage to make a .5 last that long, enjoy it while it lasts hahaa

14. My tolorance must be low, the gram had like 5 small buds in it. All it took was one bud to get me high. I have like 3 buds left, I want to make them last. I paid 20$ for 1 gram. I know its not that much but I don't have a job lol.
    Hey, how high do you think ill get if I just smoke it all lol

15. I would go for a mason jar if you can get your hands on it, but if you are like me and you can't, I just use a prescrption pill bottle, they are air tight and no smell leaks out! Just be sure to wash it thoroughly before using it.

16. 0.5g is gone in 15 minutes not 15 days lol

17. Cannabis stores well as long as it is dry, kept out of the light, and kept cool. Delhi, India is not exactly in a temperate climate zone- it is dang hot there! But even so.....

Stability of Cannabis sativa L. samples and their extracts, on prolonged storage in Delhi. (full – 1978) http://www.lycaeum.org/leda/docs/16647.shtml?ID=16647

Glass is the preferred substance to store cannabis in. Any trichs that stick to the glass can be recovered with Everclear vodka. Get a small canning jar- they make them in small sizes- 1 cup or less.

With plastic, the trichs are lost forever! Heaven only knows what alcohol would leach out of plastics! Plus questions are coming up about the safety of plastics for food storage! :eek:

Seems like the phthalates mess with the endocannabinoid system! :eek:

The G protein-coupled cannabinoid-1 (CB(1)) receptor of mammalian brain: Inhibition by phthalate esters in vitro. (abst - 2011) The G protein-coupled cannabinoid-1 (CB1) rece... [Neurochem Int. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

Phthalate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In terms of your health, and also getting high, (the endocannbinoid system's CB1 receptors in your brain are what get you high :smoke:), phthalates are BAD news!

Granny :wave:

18. well if your tolerance is really that low, smoking the whole gram would be a new experience for you.
    it usually takes me anywhere from .5 - .8 to get me high as a mother

19. #19 PackersFTW, Jan 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2012
    Funny seeing threads like this when a month ago I just finished off an oz that was 2 years old and perfectly fine. Already ground, kept in a pill bottle in a cabinet, if that matters. People talking about freezing it and shit is just funny though. Air tight container of any kind, and you're done, for years even.

BTW, the OP at least just started smoking, and probably 15 years old or so on top of it. There's no way anybody else would ask about storing a half gram for weeks. I doubt he'll admit he's under 18 (do you get booted from the forum if you do?), but shit's pretty obvious.

20. Just put it anywhere, because by the time you smoke all of it, your tolerance will be high enough that you won't need the proper procedure for storing such small amounts of weed anymore, ya know what i'm sayin? ;)