How To Store Dabs

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by jessip345, Jun 9, 2014.

1. So i just bought some dabs and i heard from someone that you need to keep it in a cooler environment so they dont melt or something? I was wondering if this is true and how anyone else keeps them..

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I keep mine out of light and in my pantry where it's cool and dark. I used the little silicone containers or glass one's work too but can be sticky w/ shatter or something more oily. Works well and the wax stays fresh every time. Clean the dabber every time you dab with a rag or a paper towel, just make sure to clean immediately after you dab so the oils don't solidify too quickly and stick to the dabber. That way your wax stays clean. 

3. #3 YoShytsWeak, Jun 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2014
    It's not called dabs. Dabs means you are taking a dab of errl off a heated nail or skillet.

What you have is BHO or Qwiso. Wax, budder, shatter, crumble, honeycomb, sap, amber glass, and oil are all types of consistencies that can be achieved with solvent extracted hash.

Store it in a silicon container- medical grade. Oilslick containers are the shit

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 BurnAFewDown, Jun 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2014
    This. You know your dealing with a high schooler when they call it dabs. "Hey man you know where I can find dabs?" No.... Just no....smh

• Like Like x 1
  5. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1404179538.451766.jpg

I use these budderblocks. I store tons of drysift in them too. Grabbed em from www.mjglassgallery.com

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

6. Or www.errlybird.com and use 'IREP4207' for a extra 20%off yer order.. Budder blocks are where its at

Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. I love the new stok pucks. Can fit like 20g's in here. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1404614709.072686.jpg

Trim Nazi

8. I use this one that I got from a dispensary in the area I live in. It's pretty rad :) ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1404711376.497303.jpg

9. I have one of these and am curious about the difference between that and brand name shit.  the STOK jars I have are pretty awesome and wonder if the generics aren't silicon.........

10. I like glass containers for home storage and a small plastic bubble (like in the quarter machines) with a folded packet of parchment containing oil for out and about. The parchment wont stick to the oil at room temp and if it gets melted and sticky a quick cool in the freezer returns it to not sticky. You can also use tan unprinted grocery bag plastic as this wont stick or leave residues but its so thin that it tears if the oil gets warm and sticky and you try to scoop out a dab. The parchment paper wont tear when you use a lil ti dabber to scoop a portion out even if your oil has gotten a bit sticky. I avoid the silicone like the plague - everytime I've used them my oil tastes like silicone within a week, even if I try to air it out. It's really gross. I know the manufacturers all claim theyre medical grade blah blah blah but any medical grade lab silicone equipment like tubing for glassware all comes with warnings not to use with lipids or solvents bc they can pull out chems used to make the sililcone that cant be cured out beforehand, even if its medical grade. So there you go.

11. Medical grade silicone will start to react with solvents if left for long periods of time and in this case only if there is a lot of residual solvents left in the product.

properly purged bho or qwiso should be under 500/ppm and at that level it won't react with the silicone

12. I like my stok because you can customize it with the quarter of your choice ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1405130093.422962.jpg

13. oil slick pads are the best imo. ive went thu many many silicone jars. i ahte storing slabs on them. nf dpartchment paper just got really annoying. slick pads are by far the best. they prevent auto buddering. nd keeps ur slabs sexy. nd dam tht golden shatter is sexyyy. 1.5 for $25. nug run stays gold pics dont do it justice. the last pic is the dark looking shatter with light shining through it.

Attached Files:

14. The stuff I get is pretty powdery. It comes in a little plastic container. I take a little paring knife and scoop some out and dump to dump it on the nail.

15. Parchment paper is coated with . . . wait for it . . . silicone!

16. what's the point in being mean...? it may not be what you say, but people use different adjectives for things all the time and i wouldn't say it necessarily means that they're a teenager...
    anyways, that's just my opinion.. i'm not trying to cause problems