Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to store a fairly large amount of bud?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by needtogethigh, Sep 12, 2013.

1. #1 needtogethigh, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2013
    I'm picking up an ounce tomorrow and I'm looking for advice on how to store it in order to help it stay fresh as long as possible.  I usually just buy 1/8s or 1/4s and burn through it before it matters.  

2. There are going to be a lot of people that say a mason jar. They're right.

3. Mason Jars!

4. Like Wheatgrass said, Mason Jar.

5. !!! In a cool, dark place !!!

should be where this mason jar is put.

6. In a balled up piece of alluminum foil, left outside.

7. In seriousness, any airtight container left, as said above, in a cool dark place.

8. Yup, Mason jars are cheap and they work very well. Fill them as full as you can to eliminate as much air as possible. 

If, in the future, you find the weed you stored is a little dry, put a little bit of orange peel in with it for a few days. 

Good luck!

9. Manson jar :-}

10. Does it have a swastika on the top and is crazy as fuck?

11. Go to a locals crafts store and buy a airtight mason jar. I use to get a half pound at a time and fit it all in 8 jars comfortably (2 zips to a jar), depending on the fluffiness of the bud. Nothing is better than opening up your jar and getting that strong delicious smell of dank!

12. If your half pound is 16 ounces, I wish I had your dealer! 

I like to put duct tape around my mason jars, just to keep it extra light proof, although that's probably over board.

13. Air tight bag I guess lol?

14. Mason jar for home, vacuum sealed bag for transportation.Sent from my LG-LS980 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Quart canning jars are less than $10 a dozen.

16. A craft store?
    Try your local Wal-Mart, it's a hell of a lot cheaper.

17. [quote name="RollinGanja" post="18666352" timestamp="1378975015"]Go to a locals crafts store and buy a airtight mason jar. I use to get a half pound at a time and fit it all in 8 jars comfortably (2 zips to a jar), depending on the fluffiness of the bud. Nothing is better than opening up your jar and getting that strong delicious smell of dank![/quote]Your dealer gives you a pound when you pick up a half pound...:confused:I say mason jar. Anything that physically seals will work best. Snap top candle jars work wonders too.

18. I don't know If anyone said it, but mason jars. The kind with the two piece lid.

19. don't listen to those fools above me..

mason jar.

20. Glass jar.