How to stop flowering ..?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Fox, Sep 25, 2003.

1. High all.

A week or two ago, my young plants started showing preflowers (all girls thankfully), but it just seems that the plant is trying to flower despite the 18 hours of light it gets a day.

Here's the scenario:

I have them inside under fluoro lights (around 45w per sq.ft I think) for a few hours in the morning, then put them outside in direct, bright sunlight for most of the day until an hour from sunset.
    Then they go back under the lights for the rest of the time (on a timer).

I was thinking that maybe I am taking them inside too late in the day, as they may sense the sun moving lower towards the horizon or something. The light hasn't started to fade when i bring them in but the shadows are long by that stage.

I've grown from these seeds before and have never encountered this.

How can I revert to veg when they already get 18hrs of light a day? They are too underdeveloped at the moment to be of much worth and I'd hate them to flower now.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

2. Get a camera, or a really bright flashlight, then in the middle of the dark period, flash it. Once should do, but to be on the safe side do it several times. Remember it has to be really bright.
    I had some native from africa or something, and when they started flowering at 14 hours, I just flashed them at night, and they reverted back into vegetative growth... Only problem is that you have to do this at least 1 a week, or it will start flowering.
    Worked for me.
    PEACE

3. Quit moving them outside and then back inside. The difference in the intensity of natural light to artificial light is triggering stress and and the flowering stage. If your plant has funky genetics, this is a prime example on how to make a plant go hermi.

4. put them under 24/0. iv got plants thatn try to flower under 20/4 now becus they have been in flower b4.

5. ... I'll take all that on board. Sounds like good advice, every bit of it ...

6. Sounds to me like you already know the problem (and someone else said it too). Your problem is the outside, inside thing. Just leave them inside on light 24h, they will be fine. Or if you must take them outside, bring them in sooner. I had been taking mine outside for a few hours on my lunch break. Figured it wouldn't hurt. A natural growing plant experiences different levels of light intensity as the sun rises and falls.

But stick to the 24/7 inside

7. in the summer i have my mothers and little 1s in the window in the day and in the closet at night under a hps, never done them any harm.

8. I decided to increase their light by two hours to 20/4 and they have stopped flowering.
    There is a small side-effect that has pleased me and that is the growth spurt they had - just after I tied them so now the canopy will be nice and thick when it's time to release the plants again.

Thanks again everyone ...