Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to stop coughing?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TGIF, Nov 27, 2009.

1. I starte smoking a few months back and i can remember comming home and i would be coughing up a lung because i wasn't used to the smoke. These days i will cough if i smoke stems or something harsh like that. My question is whats the best way to stop coughing? i have thought about using cough syrup a couple times lol but i dont think that would work.. haha

2. take a drink of something.. that usually did it for me back when I coughed alot.

3. Practice, practice, practice. Find a technique while smoking that helps you cough less.

4. stop smoking stems, use a bic lighter for pipes and bongs, and eat some honey before and after smoking( make sure the honey is non pasteurized so it has the enzymes and good stuff in it :))

5. Maybe u have a cold, coughing 10 seconds+ after u exhale is probably abnormal. Take smaller hits, use a water bong, smoke joints, maybe it's because u have only smoked for 3 months and just need a tolerance if u did not use to smoke cigarettes that might be why or if u don't smoke cigarettes even though if u did and smoked bud for the first time ya u know so that may not be it either.

6. smoke more, you're inhaling burning plant matter, your lungs need to get used to it.

7. What exactly are you smoking out of? Maybe try something else. Otherwise:

1. Stop smoking stems.
    2. Practice. The more you smoke, the more you get used to it.
    3. Get a glass of cold water to drink after hits.
    4. Suck on a menthol cough drop, those always help me after some big hits.

8. I dont really have a problem with coughing anymore. Its only when i take the very biggest hit my body can handle lol. i think its fun to see how hard i can hit but i cough for like 5 minutes and it sucks.

The honey idea is a good one!

9. This is how to do it:

Take baby tokes like this:

• Pout your lips
    • Suck in slowly
    • Bring the joint to your mouth slowly while still sucking
    • You should notice the ambers glow, meaning its burning and you are inhaling smoke
    • If it gets too much, pull the spliff away from your lips and suck in some more air. The air will cool your lungs slightly and you wont feel the need to cough as much
    • Once you are ready for more, rinse and repeat

If this still doesnt work, try this, but it will get you pretty fucking high xD

• Take a strong drag of smoke and suck it hard into your mouth but dont inhale it, keep it in your mouth
    • Inhale that smoke thats in your mouth quickly and deeply
    • Rinse and repeat

10. Pretty much all the ways have been covered.

1. Take smaller hits
    2. Use a device with water filtration to cool the smoke (ice helps too )
    3. Drink some liquid after exhaling

11. smoke more/more often

I have really noticed a difference since i started to smoke in the amount of smoke i can actually take into my lung at one time without completely coughing my lungs out. it is worth it in the end :p

12. Sweet thanks guys

13. Take smaller hits, the only time I cough now is when I try to hit a home run out of my bong, when I really should only be trying for line drives up the middle.

14. cough really hard

15. Drink a lot of liquids and fluids. Your body uses these fluids to help in sorting toxins and wastes. A very effective way on how to stop a cough is my keeping your throat moist with water and juices such as orange juice. Orange juice is a rich source of vitamin C which strengthens the immune system.