Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to stash weed properly?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Easy_Skanking, Nov 18, 2010.

1. So I've been toking for quite a while now, but it seems I never learned a key concept...

How should weed be kept?

I've heard different things. Should it be moist, or dry? I always assumed dry weed is better as it smokes better (though harsher) and is less likely to mold.

You see, I'm storing some weed for a couple months (special stuff I'm saving for a special occasion) and at the moment I have it in a zip-lock baggie with all the air sucked out. Is this okay?

inb4 Mason jars.

2. Mason Jars.

I stored my weed for two weeks once in a baggie and it was fine though. Dunno bout that many months

3. OP, why not just use mason jars?

4. the only thing that's gonna keep it fresh is mason jars.

If you leave it in the bag even if you let all the air out it will eventually become very dry.

I'm gonna pick up a couple mason jars today when I head into town I think it's the best way really.

5. Anyone ever store it in a humidor?

6. I store my with an ever so slightly moist sponge that is stuck to the lid of my jar if it feels like its too dry. You dont want to introduce any moisture for long term storage though IMO. Aside from mason jars, you can get candle style jars with gasket lids for a couple bucks at walmart.

7. Not me, but I had thought about it last year. Would definitely keep it the freshest, you should probably experiment with the humidity to get it at a level where it's not only smoke-able but you're able to store it in there for long stretches of time with no mold. I would say start a bit lower than the humidity for cigars so about 60% and tweak from there.