How to start a legit legilization movement

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Austintacious20, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Hey everyone I am curious as to start a petition/movement without portraying cannabis users as lazy useless and stupid. I use cannabis daily for anxiety and focus. I truly believe it can be fully legalized without a downside to society in any way what so ever, the facts stand up against alcohol all day long without question. My point is why is alcohol legal and cannabis not. How come we can drink and kill ourself daily legally?!?! But can be thrown in prison for a herb that grows wild.. I'm very very serious about politics and I know a few facts. What I need is to know all the facts so I can have a great base to start a legilization movement.. All advice from people who have protested and pushed forth the truth I would love your comments... Peace and harmony to all let your sprit be herd don't be afraid to stand up for what you feel. The facts stand up people, the only reason people are blind to cannabis use in society is old ways and the fear propaganda portrayed to our parents who were told it was the devils weed yet the bible clearly states let man benifit from the herbs and fruits of the earth..( please don't hate. apologies for not knowing full quote). My point is we need to change the mind of how it is used and how cannabis users truly are. We're not just some dumbass people like the media portrays.. I'm 20 years old and fully run the last true American bit company I can weld like a mother fucker and can get any job done... SO WHY THE FUCK CAN I NOT SMOKE A BOWL AN RELAX!!!!! And then wake up at 6 everyday to go back to work perfectly happy! Everyone I hope you will support me and my ideas

No matter your belief everyone knows the difference between right and wrong.... To me that is the difference between good and evil :)

2. welcome to the club. everyone here wants the shit legalized. the legalization movements already going, 3 states have legalization on the ballot. it will reach other states in time.

3. We already have a legitimate movement going on right now. Problem is everybody has their fingers up their ass. The media is responsible in making sure that people leave their fingers there.

4. Amen brotha November 6th if I'm not mistaken Washington Colorado and organ if I'm correct. I
    Currently in the big tx and constantly hear rumors of a bill to legalize it but can't seem to find much on the net. We were going to set up a poster with facts and a budget for the money if it was legal vs illegal in Austin when we get our facts straight

5. if its successful in our 3 states, then a platform for it will be way easier to argue for. particularly if WA state brings in 500 mill in taxes per year from it.

6. Very true that's alot of revenue generated and alot of jobs created

7. Does anyone have websites with statistics of cannabis vs other drugs mainly alcohol and cigarets? Trying to get that truth out to the masses

8. #8 Chip killer, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2012
    That's a great idea. If it does pass in the 3 states then that would be a amazing platform for us to show to our Texas gov. We really are going to try to get the movement started in the south. There's no reason we should be this far behind on MMJ compared to the rest of the country. I understand we have more conservatives then a lot of other states but most of those people are drinking there selves in a grave daily. It's time for us the youth of Texas to push it Austin. The op is my best friend and were taking this shit to the top in Texas. I work on a drilling rig and I bust my ass for my family and have since I was 17 so why can't I smoke a joint instead of drink a beer.

AK.

9. Very good points! Like chip said he bust his ass all day long on a rig risking all sorts of injury even life but can't light up a j after work to relax. Yet we can get a 6 pack of health concerns and liver damage..
    If their is anyone from tx who would like to join our cause please reply

AK.