how to start a growing business ?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by itsReagan, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Hello everyone, i was wondering if someone has some tips on how to start a growing business in the Canary Islands ?
    Let me be more specific , i want to move , with my nephew to those beautifull islands , and we'd love to grow cannabis, in order to resell to various clubs.
    We also hope in the future, to learn more and be able to grow our own strain.

Till now it's all a smoke screen, i will sell my house, so we'll have a decent fund to start on, but what i really wanna know, before fully committing myself is , can i go into one of those islands (not tenerife) and start growing ?
    Do i need to make a club ? or can i just grow and sell to clubs ?

Also, do you think the market is saturated or there's room for another cultivation center ?
    in no mean i want to get in an island and piss off the others , i just want to grow , work hard and live on those beautifull places.

any help, is very much appreciated, point me to something, or someone.
    Thanks a lot

2. If i were you id take a trip there and gather as much info as you can. Find a couple locations that you could possible grow at, talk to club owners and start networking. I dont know anything about this pace but id also want to know all of the legal process of starting this business. Id hate for you to sell everything you have for it to not work out for you because you took someones word that you should do this. Who knows, by going there you could meet someone that could show you the ropes and help you get started.

Hopefully someone else can give you better insight on what its like there for your plan

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Selling everything will be a sure thing, i'm legit tired of this place and i fuckin hate it with all my guts.
    In the meanwhile, i just wanted to understand and get more knowledge on the growing business , for sure i'll plan a trip in february / march , so i can see with my own eyes how it's working.

4. I am so excited to share my opnioin but before starting a cannabis business in the Canary Islands, research local regulations. While personal cultivation may be allowed, commercial operations often require establishing a cannabis social club. Assess market saturation, engage with local authorities, seek legal advice, and connect with industry professionals for insights. Use business entity searches to understand existing ventures. Prioritize transparency, compliance, and responsible business practices for success.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. #5 storz, Dec 27, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2023
    My advice....take the money you would invest in the grow business and do something else with it. I know it is not what you want to hear but I have been around the industry long enough to know the road to success is a very difficult one esp in locales like the one you mentioned. It always takes more $ than expected and by the time you deal with corruption, theft, laws, and competition, the amount of profit left over will make you question your efforts. Some great advice given in the above posts though should you continue your pursuits.
    If you want to continue, you will probably need a phytocertification before you bring in seeds or cuttings. Check that out first. It will cost $$$$ and the red tape starts there. So does the money drain. You will find out that everyone will have their hand out and must be paid before a seed or cutting hits the dirt.
    So with suggestions from the above posts, I would contact the dept of ag in that area and find out what certifications you need to bring in plant material and go from there. Of course this is if you plan to be legal.
    I sincerely do want you to succeed though and live your dream. Please keep us posted on your progress.