How to speed up ripening?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by FarmerWilly, Feb 25, 2019.

1. I'm wondering if there's something I could do to speed up ripening besides just growing in optimal conditions?

I've heard that ethylene is responsible for ripening process to occur.

So I got this idea: what if I close all ventilation and control humidity with dehumidifier? I theory that might make ethylene to build up, because plants generate CO2 at night and I've heard higher than normal levels of co2 activates ethylene synthesis.

2. Interesting idea. Have you seen a flower initiator before? Adding 10 min of far red of about 730nm at lights out causes a state change that normally takes 2 hours happen in those 10 min. Effectively give you 2 extra hours of night without giving up the 12 hour day.

Phytochrome

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

3. I use ethylene to ripen my seeds and flowers

far better use on seeds tho

good luck

4. Softly sing to them 2 times a night just before lights out if you dont like the sound of this then wait and let the plant do its thing buddy its a important process and doesn't need to be rushed good luck whatever you decide.

5. once there totally matured and the buds stop getting big a round you can switch to 10/14 or just run 10/14 when you start your flowering process. it may shave a week or more off harvest