Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to sober up?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by rockr411, Jan 29, 2013.

1. I smoked last night, but now that I woke up I'm still pretty high. I have to go to work in about and hour and I need to sober up a bit. I went to work high once, and I was laughing the whole time and kept spacing out. I don't wanna be in that situation again. Any suggestions are appreciated

2. Have a shower and jerk your gerkin. If that doesn't work, you're screwed.

3. Eat, have some caffeine. It's probably more of a hangover.

4. It's a little too late to shower and jerk it X) but I'll try the caffeine. I'll let you guys know how work goes when I get back home X)

5. Make that a HOT shower!

When folks overdose on cannabis and get "cannabinoid hyperemesis" (severe vomiting), the usual treatment is a hot bath or shower! The inflammation from the hot water "grabs" some of the excess cannabinoids in your system (cannabis is an anti-inflammatory agent). Be careful! Don't overdo it and scald yourself! :eek:

Cannabinoid hyperemesis: marijuana puts patients in hot water. (abst – 2007)
    Cannabinoid hyperemesis: marijuana puts... [Australas Psychiatry. 2007] - PubMed - NCBI

Granny :wave:

6. I think I'll just run hot water and sit in the bathroom with the steam :)

7. A hot shower? No usually what takes my high away is a cold ass shower cause it wakes me up.

8. I'll go to work without a sweater x) maybe the cold will wake me up
    And I'm currently sitting in my steamy bathroom :) I can't tell if it's working but ill let you guys know X)

9. Hey granny, so if I take a hot shower after I smoke, will that take any of my high away? I shower a lot after I smoke, because I smoke a near the end of my day, and like to be clean and relax after I smoke. But will these hot showers reduce my high? :(

10. Nope hot showers dont take your high away cause i always smoke before i shower and i still feel high

11. THANK YOU!!
    i shower baked everytime single time. when i tell my friends they think im wasting my high?
    how is it a waste when it feels so god damn good

12. #12 StonedSnivy, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2013
    I wouldn't take a hot shower and bask in the steam. That's mainly to enhance the high since the steam opens up your pours and stirs the thc around making it better. Just douse your head with cold water. Cold water will bring you down. Some might say to take a hot shower, but that always made me higher. Cold water cools you off and makes you think more better. Had to do that one night at a friends cause I was so blazed off my ass I could barley walk right. Cold water made me come down and think better.

Always got blazed before taking a hot shower. Made me feel stoned as hell before going to school. Made sure my bathroom got nice and steamy before stepping in. Smoked about half a join before going in, and finished the rest after stepping out. Sometime I miss going to school. Always fun getting blazed before class. Can't wait to start college. :D

13. nothing really takes your high away. you just gotta wait it out. i have doubts you actually woke up too high to go to work this morning, but next time just be a little more concerned in advance

14. Your buzz won't last that long. I myself frequently wake up and have a little buzz from smoking 10 hours ago, but it only lasts an hour or two and isn't strong enough to really impair me. Its just a mild body buzz.

15. Sleep... I've never gone to sleep and waken up high... But apparently you did so please disregard this post

16. Smoke more? So when you rip a bong your not little bitch high.

17. hair of the dog? haha j.k.

step 1. Take a shower.
    step 2. Eat a big, greasy breakfast (usually pertains more to an alcohol hangover)
    step 3. Coffee

18. Proposed/theorised illness

BTW - Please look up scientifically and medically as to why hot water baths help when someone feels nauseous, IBS type pains etc. It is definitely not to do with the hot water grabbing the cannabinoids!

That link is only to a theorised medical paper. If you do some reading on what those medical abstracts are you will see it is not evidence of an illness. It is merely a doctor proposing the illlness. No scientific evidence is available anywhere, despite these poorly done studies.

I know we have spoken before but come on, why keep copying and posting that link in threads that CLEARLY have no relevance. The OP had a hangover, not cannabinoid hyperemesis. I see you are very well respected on here Granny, fair play, so please look up the hot water and WHY it works. Again, it isnt to do with cannabis ;)

19. Wait...What? Why?

Fuck that shit; sober, fuck it to high hell.:cool:

20. run as fast as you can for approximately 2-8 hours.