Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

how to smoke resin?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by foamXcore, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Just roll it into a ball and smoke it

2. If you think that's bad you should see my brother and his "rebong" stash. He filters out his bong (which has no screen) water and saves it. Smells & tastes (yes I tried it out of desperation) worse than resin.

Like I said I'm migrating to a Life Saber vape. NO plastic in air path.

3. scrape all of it up, stick it in your bowl, and torch the shit out of it. Enjoy

4. get a bobby pin, open it and make it as long as it can go. scrape the inside of your bowl, be sure to get the cunks of weed and all the resin you can. stick all the resin on the edge of a papper plate and make multiple little piles. then combine all piles into one by rolling all the resin in to a ball. stick in the bowl as is, spark it up, and get it roasting.

5. I like to hit it on the blades the best.

6. My bowl doesnt have a screen so ill just use a bobby pin ( without the plastic end on it) and use it to scrape rez, keep the resin on the end and hold it over the hole in the bowl. Smoke away! And its also a lot less work then makin a resin ball

7. #167 taytaytay, Sep 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2012
    confirmed. that stinkiest black shit from a homemade hose stem will get you baked.

two slightly dried 2x2mm /ish balls on spin through the same contraption.

cordial does the trick.

8. How to smoke resin:

Step 1 - collect the resin by giving the bong or pipe a wash with iso and salt, lemon juice optional

Step 2 - scrape out the remaining resin that wasn't removed with the iso

Step 3 - collect it all in a pile and think to yourself 'damn that bong was dirty'

Step 4 - let all iso evaporate and the resin dry out

Step 5 - flush that nasty shit down the toilet and don't act like a fucking fiend.

:cool:

9. Depends on the piece and the amount of resin accumulated, I have a pipe so caked with resin, I can light the bowl through the carb, pull slow, and get fat tokes.

10. Resin fucks me up son

11. Thought I'd get an oz of white widow today but my dealer said tomorrow instead. Now I'm scraping my bongs for resin. I have enough for a few bong rips and 2 joints so I should manage til the morra haha

12. To all nay-sayers of resin smoking let me start by saying I felt just like you 20 minutes ago.
    I'm flat broke and my dealers dry so I skeptically decided to smoke the resin out of my pipe. I didn't want to do a lot of work for it so I just smoked through the carb hole like I've heard to do and I have to say I am thoroughly stoned right now. I'm not a hundred percent sure about the health risks but from my experience resin can really come through in a pinch.

13. Resin is good when your out of bud and If you get most of the resin that's caked onto the bowl of your piece, it is extremely potent.

14. #174 purp789, May 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2013
    Ok, I thought smoking resin was a "phase" that all stoners go thru and eventually discard this nasty habit.

Everyone hears from friends or dealers that they can get "resin" from scraping glass. First of all, it's not tecnnically a "resin" - which would be sap/latex extracted or secreted from the plant itself (e.g., opium poppy).

The Cannabis plant does not produce "resin". It produces a wide range of cannbinoids, terpenes and other organic compounds.

So that black stuff you're scraping is not "resin." It is by products of the combustion of cannabis plant matter. There **may** be some residual THC or cannabinoids in there, but not worth the effort.

And I agree w/ those who believe resin is more carcinogenic than bud. It's a by product of combusting organic material (bud), so it may contain many carbon-based compounds like benzene that are highly carcinogenic.

All one has to do is compare the taste/smell of it to real bud. My most reliable parameter of judging good bud is smell and taste: distinctiveness and intensity - much more reliable than seeing how "frosty" or "hairy" it is. Even de-keifed bud will look frosty, until you put it under a microscope and see missing trich heads.

Resin is NASTY. I used to smoke it when I had my first pieces in high school. These days (I'm 27) I havent smoked it in like ten years.

And no, I am not a rich dude with tons of connects. I only work part time, earn little money, so I can barely afford to buy what I consume; because I'm not financially stable, I am undermedicated. I would usually require 1.5-2gs of top shelf medical quality. But I can only afford a quarter ounce a week (I'm lucky I get MMJ at 60/quarter for topshelf dank).

It's ridiculous especially since one of main reasons I smoke bud is for its enjoyable taste, the ritualistic aspects of grinding, breaking bud, packing bowls, cleaning glass, choosing a bowl. The taste and ritual of preparing a resin bowl is just plain SAD.

In any case, I usually don't have "resin" to collect in the first place, since I'm so obssessive about clean glass.

Bud smokers and even full blown potheads like us are giving MJ a bad name by engaging in crack-fiend like behavior.

15. Smoke isn't a byproduct of combusting organic material?

If its residue from the smoke, you'll need better evidence than this that it has more carcinogens.

16. you're missing the point.

"Resin", is not the same as bud. Because fresh bud does not contain byproducts of combusted organic compounds.

When fresh bud goes thru combustion, many compounds go thru chemical reactions and change into other types of molecules - many of these "newly formed" molecules (byrpoducts of combustion) are known carcinogens.

So when you put a flame to "resin", you are not burning the same stuff as you are when you have a bowl of fresh bud.

You are burning stuff that has, imo way more toxins. If the smell and taste is not enough to ward you off, then there's nothing I can say to convince you. Again, it is NASTY.

And they "resin" high is crap. To call it resin implies some kind of concetrated cannabis (like pressed hash or full melt) when it's the exact opposite.

The same high can be obtained w/ a medium sized bowl of mids. And I get mids practically for free, because I buy topshelf in quarters and half zones, so I get tossed a few free Gs of "backyard boogie" and other mids, that weed snobs turn their noses at.

These "mids" get me way higher than resin ever has.

The only type of glass scrape that has gotten me really high is that from synthetic cannabinoids. But that's besides the point, because synthetic cannabinoids much stronger than natural bud, because it's one isolated compound vs hundreds of active compounds in Cannabis. Synthetic 'noids are the devil though, they are addictive as crack and I've had friends who were spending 50 bux a day to buy that crap. I would smoke them out w/ Socals finest MMJ, and they didn't feel a thing. The Feds finally did something right when they banned them. anyway, sorry about the meandering

17. If you're wanting to get the most out of your res, hold the flame far away and like, melt it. if you torch it youll get like half as many hits
    Sincerely,
    Professional res toker.

18. I know this is going to (mostly) fall on deaf ears here, but please folks, don't smoke resin.

the high you get is not worth the effort, it is not worth the *potential* health risks associated with smoking byproducts of organic combustion, and they will leave your hands smelling like the devil's vagina for hours.

19. I didn't miss any point. You just failed to make yours.

Your logic still doesn't follow. You think chemical reactions wait politely for you to remove a 2000 degree bic lighter? No. The temperatures are high enough to release whatever is going to be released. The reactions are simultaneous.

IF reheating the byproducts of combusted organic matter is more harmful than the original byproducts themselves (an odd assumption you've provided no evidence for, seems you've made it up), then they're getting "reheated" already in the process of smoking.

Synthetic stuff is the worst, and I've seen it destroy the lives of those close to me. But come on. Its amazing people on this forum, of all forums, jump to the law for the answer. Making cannabis illegal CREATED synthetic cannabis, banning 'safer' forms of synthetic cannabis created evem MORE dangerous synthetic cannabis. But you'd like to continue? -shakes head-. There aren't sunshine and rainbows at the end of that road.

20. This, there is no evidence, just wild speculation.