Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to smoke in a dorm

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by GiraffeVenom, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Well if I were in a dorm trying to be secretive, I'd start on the lowest and see if it works. I know someone who had it turned up too high, and the whole house smelled like they had just smoked it instead of vaporizing. and Definitely keep your window open Lol.

2. I don't understand why people think its not going to smell with a vape? The only difference is no smoke it will still reek.

I would make edibles or go outside as everyone has suggested. But if you really need to smoke indoors. I would get an old margarine or butter container, take some double sided tape put it on the outer rim of the container use it to cover the smoke detector :bongin: My old trick when visiting dorms and setting them off hehehehee. Put a towel or article of clothing down at the base of the door. Make sure to have a fan blowing out the window that you exhale into. Safe toking

3. Kill the RA

I know a bunch of people that smoke in their dorm regularly at my university. If you are gonna do it, make sure you take the batteries out the smoke detector, put a towel under the door, and of course leave the window open. & Blow through a sploof, something like a tube with dryer sheets stuck in the end.

If that's too much trouble just buy a vape haha. That's what I did :smoke:

5. the smoke detector will not go off unless you are smoking and obscene amount of ganj. put a towel under the door and if theres a window, open it. naked

6. Ha how to smoke in a college dorm......... you don't. You go outside & be safe+smart at the same time. What areya doin' lãdy. (Irish accent)

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. The batteries weren't able to be taken out as they were all connected together and tampering would set them off and yes it takes a good amount of blazin to set them off. But when they went off I sure as hell wasn't chillen.... be out be out be out

8. go to a pet store and get some activated carbon. look up how to make an activated carbon sploof. it will eliminate all smell.

9. Buy a vaporizer. I have one, and a smoke buddy (personal air filter), and using those two together while having the window wide open and a towel under the door is perfect. There is not going to be any smell if you use all these steps.

You know that it would be untrue, you know that I would be a liar, if I was to say to you, girl we couldn't get much higher

10. I do it in my room a lot and I live on the first floor right next to my RA. Sploof, 2 fans (one blowing out, one blowing in), towel the door (im not convinced this actually helps, but it makes me feel better lol), and some Febreeze (I spray the edges of the door until they're visibly wet- thats all they'll smell). I also hung a bed sheet like a curtain between the closets near the door to stop any smoke, and it kind of makes a small isolated part of the room near the door-- air freshener in there and you're golden. But still, keep your wits about you. I've had my RA come in the room 5 minutes after smoking and didnt smell a thing

11. #51 Dr. Errl Hammond- B.H.O., Feb 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2014
    The best method i have ever used seen is this...

1. Buy a sheet of thin clear plastic (plexi?)  from hardware store
    2  Buy fan that fits in your window (hopefully square std. fan)
    3  Measure and trace the outline of the window so the plastic fits like a puzzle piece, and then same on that piece for where the fan will be.
    4  Carefully cut out the plastic sheet and place into window, then use duct tape and seal over all sides of plastic so its sealed tight.
    5  Place fan into cut-out in plastic and use the duct tape to seal from the plastic to the fan's casing..make sure its good and sealed.
    6  Turn the fan on low and go the door of the room...feel around the cracks for airflow...if you can feel it coming into the room from the hall on low setting you did a perfect job. Also hold a tissue or lighter flame by the cracks and see the tissue / flame move from the air being sucked into your room.

Essentially what you have done is created a vacume in your room...the negative pressure from the fan blowing out of the sealed window sucks air from the outside hallway through the cracks in the door. You can literally stand at the door hit a blunt and watch all of the smoke drift across the room and out the fan to outside...its crazy it works so good.

When i went to MSU years ago some friends and i stumbled onto this awesome trick. We seriously smoked blunt after blunt in our dorm rooms with ZERO smell in the halls.  We were even smoking a blunt session in our room when a kid down the hall got busted for smoking a on-hitter and exhaling into a tube with bounce sheets....lol  our end didnt even smell. No incense/sprays/towels/sheets/ any other needed at all. guarantee.

The only time its not good if there are strong winds blowing right in your direction....just check the air movement by the door...if you cant get good airflow with "hi" setting on fan dont smoke there that day/night

One warning though...be prepared for a little more dusting in your room...the vacume movement of air will suck airborne dust into your room....you just have to clean your room slightly more often...not crazy bad or anything...just a little more noticeable dust on stuff

Good luck and keep it safe man.

12. I wouldn't even vape in there. The risk isn't worth the reward. I mean, I know vape doesn't smell as much. I even do it in my house and I'm not allowed to smoke inside. But being in a dorm is totally different. Just head outside and go someplace out of the way. If people walk by they aren't going to say anything, it's college. Keep a non-paranoid but vigilant eye out for administrators and campus police. Most professors don't care. 
    I was with a group of friends sitting in a grassy area smoking and my English professor walked by and stopped to ask me how I was doing. It also happened to be my hit so I toked while talking to him and he didn't seem surprised or upset at all. He actually told us to enjoy ourselves lol. Most of my essays were about weed though so he knew about my habbits :)
    Have fun, but be safe. 

13. Why do people put a towel on the bottom of the door. Smoke rises. Never understood that

14. Glad you bought a portable vaporizer.  Good thinking!  Now you can take a 2 minute walk, get high, and call it a day.  Wow, what a simple solution after all.

15. Smoked a ton in my dorm. Everyone did. After a few months the RAs finally started cracking down. We would always do it in the bathroom that conjoined our two rooms (me, my roommate, and my 2 suitemates.) Eventually my friend got caught, and was sentenced to probation and a suspended license. All for just being high in a dorm. No possession charges, no paraphernalia no DUI, nothing. Just being high. He admitted to it because he knew if they did a search they would have found pipes and weed and grinders etc. so he tried to cooperate as good as possible. Unfortunately the judge still screwed him over.