Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

how to smoke hash?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by stonedcanadian, Dec 25, 2008.

1. ok so i have never smoked hash before and i would like to know the best way. i have a pipe and thats about it. no bongs or anything yet. so what do you figure is the best way to smoke some hash?

2. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hr2BrB8tIY"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

3. i can't watch you tube i live in the boonies and only have access with dial up. but thanks! can you describe it to me?

4. haha ok, put the hash on a table, light the hash (one of those butane lighters work best imo), let it burn for like 10 seconds, then blow out the flame, as soon as u do that put a glass cup over the hash. Let the smoke build up in the cup and then take a straw, lift the cup up just enough to put the straw under it, and inhale through the straw.

5. thanks man!! really appreciate that!! merry christmas!!!!

6. You can do the above, though I'd put a piece of foil or something non-flammable under the hash first. Alternatively, use a piece of Japanese Charcoal (you can get them at a Head shop) and heat that up with the has on top. Using a whip to draw in the vapor.

A small metal pipe works quite well also, which is what I use most often. Hash in bowl, light normally, toke - put cap over pipe to cut off oxygen to the hash.

Or you can vaporize it.

There's no one 'best' method, there are many. Some people like hot knives, I do not.

7. when we made hash we took knife hits with it. we had a hard time getting it to lite when we tried doing that cup thing. imo knife hits are bomb.

8. My favorite way is just using a simple bubbler. If you use a torch lighter its pretty easy to smoke

9. throw a screen on your favourite bowl

10. You know those metal pipes with the part that screws on over the bowl with a hole on it? I found these to be the best hash pipes. You just hit it like you normally would then cover up the hole. The way in the video is by far the most entertaining however.

11. I know those metal pipes with the cover, they're great for smoking hash - you can make a little amount go a long way.

When using a chamber pipe w/o a bowl cover, I used to smoke hash in the bottom, under the regular bowl, becuase it was smaller and better suited for hash.

12. I just roll it into a long piece and put it in the middle of a joint or blunt. Or just put a small piece of bud into a bowl and put the hash on top. Works better for me than using a cup or whatever.

13. I have two good methods I wanna use again when I get me some hash!

1. Take a small piece of hash and stick it on a thumbtack. Put the thumbtack on the table on its flat side so the hash is sticking up. Now light the hash for about 10-20 seconds until a lot of smoke comes up. Now put a glass cup over the whole thing, trapping all the smoke. When the glass cup is really milky, lift one end, take a straw or tube and inhale everything. Repeat that process until the hash goes out by itself.

2. Another method is the bottle method. Light a cigarette and put like 2-3 tiny pieces of hash on the burning end. Now make a small hole in the bottle. Stick the cigarette through it and inhale from the opening of the bottle.

I prefer method #1 as it's a much purer taste, and lasts longer if you do it properly.

14. + rep for that damn cool vid

thanks kyle187

15. #15 Lebowski, Jan 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2009
    I usually just throw a patty on top of some lettuce:

[​IMG][​IMG]

Theres a bunch of ways to do it though. The glass cup technique, hotkniving, specialized glass hash bowls with or without special hash screen....

16. Does this method work with compressed kief as well? I just bought a kief compressor the other day, and I have a fat kief patty waiting to be smoked. Would this method be a good choice?

17. Does this method work for compressed kief? The one with the glass cup on the table? I have a fat kief patty waiting to be smoked but I'm not sure if this method would work well.

18. I use a sobie bong for all my kief and hash. I get a 3/8" threaded to barb fitting; found in HD in the plumbing section for refrigeration. Poke it through the top and bust a hole in the sobie and you have a great gravity bong.

19. its been 4 years but i figured id put my two cents in. You can roll the hash in a snake, wrap one end around a piece of paperclip, suspend that over a gap with a sloped sided cup or bowl. Light the hash snake and blow it out once you get an ember. You then put the paperclip which is shaped to sit 1/4th the way down the cups slopes hanging over the center. You let the cup fill up and then pull the paper away. Just don't let the paper sit on to long or it will snuff the ember from lack of oxygen. takes like a minute for that though so dont worry. your hits will be pure hash, no butane. no need for a smoking apparatus. I do this when my herb stash is low and my hash stash is big.