Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to smoke a joint?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by frosty russian, May 16, 2011.

1. ok this is gunna sound nooby but like how do u guys smoke your joints? When i inhale i feal likemost if the smoke stays in my mouth and it burns the back of my throat. Yesterday when i toked i tried a new thing, i pulled the smoke into my mouth, took the joint away from my mouth and then inhale oxygen with the smoke in my mouth. It felt better idk. I caughed a lot tho. im kinda a noob so dont hate on me too much haha.:D

2. People! Boo this man!

I take air in while taking the hit, but I haven't smoked a J in God knows how long now.

3. Inhale with the joint in your mouth for about 2 seconds, pull it away, take a breath of fresh air on top, hold for 2-3 seconds, and let it out. If you have to cough, cough AFTER you exhale.

Other than that just make sure they're real rolling papers and not printer paper or something.

If it still hurts than maybe your lungs arent fit to smoke with paper. Try a pipe or a bong.

4. At the beginning it doesn't hurt my throat as much but what i do is inhale it and then drag fresh air and push it through my lungs and hold it for a couple secs and as the joint gets smaller i do smaller drags so it doesn't hurt my throat as much

5. Don't be embarrassed first of all, inhaling is probably the most common mistake for beginners. An easy way to inhale is to suck all the smoke into your mouth. Then just take a big deep breath in like you do at the doctor.

6. #6 S0UR, May 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    ^^^^^

7. I take the joint, put it between my lips, pull the smoke in my mouth, take the J away from my lips, inhale the smoke in my mouth along with some oxygen, exhale.

Although, I can attest to keeping the J between my lips and just power-toking until the whole J is gone, just for the fuck of it.

8. watched my buddy puke up off a fatty i rolled 2 weeks ago from coughing lol

9. The way you're describing it is exactly how you're supposed to do it.

I'll use cigs as an example hah, back when I smoked my first cig, I would drag the cig, the smoke would go into my mouth, and just stay there. I didn't actually inhale it into my lungs, so I would not get a buzz. My friend was like "What? You don't smoke cigs and you're not getting a buzz? You're not doing it right" Turns out, once I had the cig smoke in my mouth, I had to inhale again. As you described in your post. Inhale --> Smoke is in your mouth --> Take mouth off of joint --> Inhale again, smoke gets into lungs --> Exhale

10. Been doing that since the second time I smoked a joint. Still the best way to do it imho.

11. inhale....exhale.
    but really, inhale to my mouth then i either french hail or make a lil smoke cloud come out my mouth then inhale it back in. or i just inhale it straight to my lungs

12. Insert one side of joint on lips, make sure you are able to purse your lips and inhale.
    While inhaling bring a flame to the other side of the joint, the side not in your mouth.
    Inhale and repeat until you are sure the joint is self sustaining as far as staying lit.
    Remove source of flame.
    Inhale,
    repeat until desired results are achieved.

Next I will post up a munchies tut:rolleyes: