Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How To Smoke A Joint?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by johnkasey, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Okay, as the title say, is there any special thing you have to do when smoking a spliff / joint?

i normaly just breath in and try hold it for a second or two then let it out

i know with cones your ment to hold it in for like 3-5 seconds,

but for joints/splifs are you ment to do the same or? cause when i do it with a joint i cant hold it in for very long cause its far hotter then cones

any tips/advice appreciated!

ty

2. You should just hit it, inhale deeply, hold for a second or two, and exhale.

3. any tips for holding it? i find its just so hot in my mouth the smoke and i cant inhale it down to my lungs

4. take in less smoke at a time. you will quickly build tolerance. (to inhaling smoke that is)

5. Roll joints with a crutch (rolled up piece of paper/cardboard you put at the mouth end), so it takes longer for the smoke to travel to your mouth, cooling it in the process.

6. it took me 3 spliffs to get fairly high (50/50 mix) is that normal? or is it cause im niot keeping it in long enough? (ive smoked 5 times before)

7. i would advocate putting in less tobacco than weed, its difficult to define normal as weed is entirely subjective to the person smoking it, it may be due to the quality of your weed as well. when you get some good stuff it will definitely take you less than three joints to get to the moon.

8. i thought a ''crutch'' was referd to as a 'roach' and yes, im already using one

9. Okay. I never really had a problem with the hotness of the smoke, you do use a lot of tobacco in your spliffs though, I only smoke spliffs and I use about a 25/75 ratio of tobacco to weed. Maybe that has something to do with it?

10. maybe your not taking in full inhales...some of the newbies iv smoked with before dont put everything in their lungs because they seriously dont no how...after you take a hit take a fast strong breath in again to make sure it all goes into your lungs. Also if its burning your fingers or mouth or wtv you kinda get use to it but when you get down to the end of your joint hold it so the end is in the middle of your index and thumb fingers and put ur lips kinda like on the sides of your fingers so it wont b hot for ur mouth! good luck and enjoy!

11. idk dude i would stop with the spliffs and do joints or pick up a pipe and start smoking some glass, you will thank yourself...... o yea and post some pics of some bud so we know what your workin with:smoke:

12. They aren't the same thing. The crutch is the little filter you put in, the roach is the butt of the joint/blunt.

13. I hit is about 3 or 4 times n then inhale :)... just a habbit lol

14. It sounds like you're pulling the smoke into your mouth first, then inhaling it. Don't do that. Instead you want to inhale it directly into your lungs along with some air to help cool it a little. You should hear the classic stoner sound of rushing air as you inhale. If you're smoking it like a cigarette, you're doing it wrong.

15. thanks everyone for the tips, just did a 4th spliff, felt very high for awhile then it died off ; / fairly fast bleh..

16. Try rolling it without any tobacco, you'll probably be baaaakkkkeeedddd

17. i tried one with just weed, it hit me alot harder (durp) but it didnt burn aswell i head to relite it 3 times.. and it was ALOT harsher on my throat D:

18. This may apply to the OP, but do YOU generally follow this? I always seal my mouth around whatever I'm hitting.

19. I always suck in a little air with the smoke when I hit a joint. You don't have to but I think it's easier for someone new to toking to do it that way in order to bypass the holding it in your mouth stage.

20. I take 2-3 small hits and inhale deeply, then blow out nice and slow (I am smoking a J lol :smoke:)