How to shave your genitiles

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by stoned budda, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Bringing a sharp instrument close to your genitals can be intimidating; but with preparation, time, and practice, manscaping can be an easy task.

1. 1
      Buy a beard or hair trimmer and trim the pubic area to less than 1/4". This will make the hair easier to shave later. Longer hair is more likely to clog a razor. Using a beard trimmer will work better than scissors and it will cut the hair shorter. If you use a clipper make sure you use a 00000 blade on it, if you do it will cut almost as close as a razor blade.

• Avoid using an electric razor on the scrotum. The skin of the scrotum is so thin and loose that it can be caught by the shaver, and this is extremely painful. If for some reason you still feel you should use a men's electric razor, avoid shaving down the center of the underside of the penis and on the center of the scrotum, as a cut there is also extremely painful.
    2. 2
      Take a hot shower. This will soften the hair.
    3. 3
      Get in position. Ensure the room you are using for shaving will be private for at least an hour (or however long you think the process will take). This is not something you want to rush through! Consider shaving late at night.
      • Consider shaving sitting in a very shallow hot bath. The hot water in the bath will prepare the area for shaving better than showering. Your body will be very stable (you are sitting down) and your genitals are very accessible. You also have a handy source of water in which to rinse the razor. If this is not possible consider shaving sitting down, ideally on the floor for ease of access and stability.
      • If you use the edge of a toilet seat to sit on, letting your pubic area sit over a garbage can while shaving, the mess will be next to nothing to clean up.
      • If you prefer standing, try shaving in your shower. Just make sure to stand out of the water to avoid watering down your shave lather, and constantly rinse your blade. By shaving at the start of the shower, you will let any cuts close themselves and thus avoid any stains in your clothes.
    4. 4
      Lather the area with shaving cream intended for sensitive skin. Avoid menthol or heavily scented creams as they will irritate the area. Using an antibacterial shaving gel will minimize irritation caused by bacteria getting into your pores and hair follicles. Also, these types of shave gels are clear, allowing you to see the terrain as you shave.
    5. 5
      Using a new 3 or 4 bladed razor, shave each area using short, very light strokes. The key in shaving the genital area is to always make sure the section of skin you're shaving is taut; shaving loose skin can lead to cuts, because the skin will move with the razor and create an uneven surface. The following tips are for shaving against the direction of growth ("against the grain" - which produces the smoothest shave) but note that if you first shave in the direction the hair is growing, you will shorten most of it. Then shaving in the opposite direction will be easier, but some people find it sufficient to just shave in the direction of growth and stop there, especially since shaving against the grain is more likely to result in ingrown hairs and razor bumps.
    6. 6
      Pulling the penis downward, shave from the top of the penis upward to the navel.
    7. 7
      Holding the penis to the side, shave inwards in the sides of it and in the sides of the scrotum.
    8. 8
      Holding the penis upward, shave downwards carefully from the penis to the lower part of the scrotum.
    9. 9
      The scrotum is much easier to shave if the skin is extended. The scrotum should be shaved from the middle front part of it, to the sides, with extreme care.
    10. 10
      Rinse off and wash the area using mild soap.
    11. 11
      Pat dry. Be gentle. Rubbing with the towel will increase irritation.
    12. 12
      Use some antiseptic cream to minimize skin irritation. If you are shaving the first or second time it will most likely irritate the skin, once the hair starts growing back. This can lead to itching and redness. This will be gone within a week roughly and once you start shaving more often it will stop.

2. i have no idea where this came from? but this dude hit it on the head, been bald for years and i never seen a better how to. shit should be stickied .. legit

3. +rep

Now I won't look like I have diseases

4. + rep budda, I will always remember this thread

5. the thing about shaving your balls is if you need a guide, you shouldn't be shaving them.

6. One of my exes asked me to shave once. I asked her how and she said use scissors. Shit looked pretty good, not shaved completely but good. I don't bother these days.

7. You are a genius in every sense of the word.

My hats of to you sir.

8. Its one of those things man, you always wanted to know but was afraid to ask. :D

9. Gooseman's Modified Genital Hair Removal Instructions

Step 1: Nair
    Step 2: There is no step 2.:devious:

10. Damn it, I should have read this before...
    I cut my ball sack open

:rolleyes:

11. IDK man, my old lady uses Nair on her legs, it kinda burns the hair off.....either way i aint stickin that shit on my nut sack.:eek:

12. I gotta say it is actually pretty reassuring hearing someone else tell about how they do it.

+rep man. This could be the most original thread I've seen on this site.

13. Nooooooooo! I totally naired my chest once back in highschool. That is the Mainreason of my manscaping abstinence. Shit burned so badly and wasn't nearly as longterm of a solution as I had hoped. And if any of you do try this please keep the Nair away from your nipples

14. I like to tape mine to the bathroom sink all laid out flat like, then use a straight razor.

15. Lol, yeah... Kinda thought so, honestly I don't do that either, I shave if I need to. Good guide though, my good man!:D

16. The crazy part about this thread though, is I litterally JUST shaved my balls and was going to post a how to, I was thinking about it when shaving... because i'm so good at it
    but you beat me to it.

:cool:

17. I keep mine trimmed for the ole lady, but i never had the , excuse the pun, balls to go at it with a razor

18. but doesn't it still itch like crazy after?

19. FUCK a razor bro I just trim that shit with a beard trimmer

20. you gotta get all the hairs off your hairs that stick to em after you cut your hairs, that's what itches........