How to sex plants early?

Discussion in 'Greenhouses' started by mollykin88, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Hiya,
    Really appreciate some help! :wave:1st time in the greenhouse, and i planted some shop bought feminised Indica seeds, now in pots and coming along nicely. However, I also planted a couple extra of a mates seeds, unknown origin, which look like sativa (taller /slender leaf). They are sitting at the other end of the greenhouse, away from my girls; all plants are about 4 weeks old. But! Obviously I am worried about males -I have heard you can sex them early on, rather than wait til they flower? How?

Have researched but hard to find out whether to wait or pull them.:confused: If it is ok to wait til the first moments of flowering, as some advice says, is it dangerous to have the 'strays' in the same greenhouse as my girls? Am getting rather confused, any advice really appreciated guys!

2. Veg for 4 weeks at 18-6 or when plant has five sets of leaves. Switch to 12/12 and wait at least 10-14 days. When it shows female, put back to veg. Male...get some pollen, freeze it, and use it to pollinate a fav strain and u will have seeds for free for life.

3. Thanks Ganjahoarder, -so are you saying (im new to the lingo here!) leave them for 4 weeks -or til the plants have 5 sets of leaves then switch their surroundings to ensure they get 12 hours of sun and 12 hours of night -which will encourage them to start flowering in 10 - 14 days. then i can see if its male or female from pics, and if its male I should get some pollen from it , then ditch it-but i guess you think if its male to remove it altogether from the environment? Is it a chore to get pollen? Last time i was in Amsterdam I noticed they are regularly selling pollen in coffee shops these days; so i could use it to smoke couldnt I -do you dry it out etc? Thanks for help. Find the sexing early difficult, heard there was a way to see sex on yocung plants?