How to setup 8x12 lofted shed

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by hyDRO_GRO, Sep 15, 2018.

1. What's up Everybody out there! So I have a 8 by 12 lofted shed on its way that I should have by next week. This is gonna be a very long list but I need some opinions on how to set it up. The loft is actually two lofts on each side of the seed which is essentially just two plzyboards.

4x4 grow tent
    2x4 grow tent
    1000 w ballast (x2)
    600w ballast
    300 w kind led
    300w viparspectra led
    28w t5 (x2)
    400 w equivalent cfl
    300w equivalent cfl
    6" carbon filter
    6 " hurricane inline

I want to do a perpetual harvest. What would be the optimum way to set up... thank u in advance for your input.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Gonna need at least 30 amps of power. Hardwired preferably...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. is it pre-insulated.?
    like LoneGardner said, you will need a sub panel for electricity, at least 30 amp 240 volts.

what is your temperate zone.?
    this is probably going to need A LOT more A/C and some heat,
    2,000+ watts of lights will take a lot to keep cool in the summer.!
    place the shed in the shadiest spot in the yard.!!

only way you will have room for all that in an 8 x 12 room is to line up the 4x4 and 2x4 to the left in the center (a 4x6 footprint) which leaves > 2 ft to access the 4x4 from each side.
    then you could use the 600 MH, CFL's, and T5's on the right side using the whole end, 3' x 8' area.
    you would have a horseshoe shaped work area/ walk way.

an "8 x 12" shed tip to tip is less then 8 ft by 12 ft,
    you will be lucky to have 7'x11' inside,
    you may have to get smaller tents or build something different for the flower room like a 3x7 on the end to match the 3x7 veg area....????

• Like Like x 1
  4. #5 old shol4evr, Sep 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
    delete

• Like Like x 1
  5. I will have access to 20. I hope it will make it

Sent from my SM-T378V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. U read my mind on the tent placement. The shed, mentioned b4, also has a loft which will add another 20
    U read my mind on the tent placement. The shed, mentioned b4, also has a loft which will add another 20+ said ft

7. It is not preinsul
    It is not preinsulated. I will be doing that myself.

8. a single 20amp circuit with all that listed running, dangerous

hard to enjoy ur smoke when the sheds on fire!

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. I mean there is always surge protectors, so that is not even a possibility, funny tho

10. Sense I have the tents I feel as if they need to be used but in reality I don't really need them. I guess It one make a perpetual harvest Easier. Or I could use the tent strictly for Autos. I have panda film coming so I could lay that on the floor outside of the tents in add a drain hole for a drain to waste operation. There are so many possibilities it's making my head spin

11. surge protectors only protect your equipment in the event of a power spike or surge, that won't stop you're wiring, plug and/or circuit from getting hot and possibly starting on fire

12. Current/amp is your enemy... then add in voltage drop over length of wire. Hope you know what you are getting into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. I guess I need to clarify. I do not intend on using all of my lights. I really just wanted ideas on how to set it up

14. This is wat I have done temporarily. I setup my 4x4 the middle bc I have a loft in either side that are too low to let me put the 4x4 in the corner. I have my two 300w led in there with my 6 in inline fan as well as a couple oscilating fans and 6 in carbon filter (not setup). I have ab 8 plants in there. My other 2x4 tent has my 4 autos underneath a 1000w MH. I have a 6 in inline fan and 4in carbon filter. I have some panda film and have every intention of EVENTUALLY lining the walls in the back. Make a separate 2x8 grow area. I am going to use one of my lofts as my dry/cure area and then other for storage. Thoughts suggestions appreciated

• Like Like x 1
  15. 20 amps has not slowed anything down. This is what I currently am drawing power on. Anyone with real knowledge or experience w how much I can draw from a 20 amp....plz lmk

1000w ballast
    300w led (actual 145w)
    300 w led(actual 225w)
    5000 btu ac
    6 in inline fan
    6 in inline fan
    3 random oscillating fans

Can I use another 1000w ballast or nah? Too much??? Plz only give advice if u have real experience. Thank u in advance

16. Pics 20181004_220330.jpg 20181004_220317.jpg 20181004_220310.jpg 20181004_220323.jpg 20181004_195232.jpg 20180930_233628.jpg

17. this depends on the power supply,
    110 volt circuit can only handle about 2200 watts (roughly),
    a 220 volt circuit can handle twice that at 4400 watts (again, roughly),

add up your equipment, if you keep under 2000 watts you will be fine!! (4000 for 220v)

• Like Like x 1
  18. is that a moisture meter on top of the calendar.?

if so u will do good.!
    if it is a ''pH meter'' throw it away, they r not anywhere near accurate.