How to set up CFLs

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by ThatGuy1374, Mar 18, 2010.

1. I know this probably has been asked a billion time but I couldn't find any tutorials that explained it good.
    I have 6 CFLs and 3 Y divider things. I don't want to use a power strip because of the bulk and having to hang it.
    I already know to get a cheap lamp cord, some dowel rods and those construction light fixtures that I can freely hang and move along the parallel dowel rods
    My question is, how do I set it up? and what is the wire called that I get to connect to the light fixtures? how do I connect that wire?
    again, a link to a guide would be very helpful
    Thank you

2. Have you checked HomeDepot.com? Their website has tons of tutorials and videos all on "how to" including how to install and wire light fixtures.
    I've seen a few people buy light fixture strips that one would put over a bathroom sink vanity mirror with 5-6 sockets, and they basically took the parts from that to wire up their own unit.
    Me personally I have 2 6 outlet adapters with 3 CFL's plugged into each, but I'm running a micro setup. I bought those Y adapters too but when it came to building out unless I was running a tent and had space to spread out my CFL's it was just easier to run my setup off the 6 outlet strips than trying to run wire and mount sockets.