How to set up a computer fan for my grow?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by catfish swiming, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Hey fellars. Starting my 2nd indoor grow and i need help with setting up a computer fan for a ventalation system. I was thinking computer fan would be the best option but i wouldnt have a clue how to set it up. How do i do it

2. Oh wait how much diffrent is it to wiring up lights. I wired up my lights no problem. Just unscrew the nut in the socket and put the wires in right? uhhh i think i sorta know it now. can any1 confirm?

3. Nooooooooooo dont do that computer fans are 12volts and the electricity from the lights is around 110volts

4. ok. So i have heard about 12v adapters and such? could i use a 12v phone charger for example? like wire it onto the fan?

5. Should work, in most cases; haven't tried it myself, but have a friend that uses fans wired to cell phone charger cords. Seems like the easiest, cheapest way to go.

6. ok thanks man? Do you think they could possibly wired up to battries?

I think it would be easier because all the points for my power box thing are taken up by my lights.