how to safly buy supplys?

Discussion in 'Security' started by joeya28, May 10, 2011.

1. Ya, I'm not buying a word of that. They exist purely for weed growers. Who else would pony up thousands of dollars for indoor horticulture equipment? Tomato enthusiasts? Retirees? Raw foodists? Not a chance in hell...

2. i"ve also heard online is the way to go...Does anyone have suggestions on what lighting system I should use. I just saw a special from growlite? Anyone have any feedback? it looks like a good deal.

3. what deal did you find?

4. Are you a human?

5. Cops staking out a hydro store is not illegal. It's "investigation." It is not evidence for an arrest or for prosecution, but that's not what they are after -- they are after leads. Once they follow someone home from a hydro store or run the license plate from a vehicle in the parking lot then they now have a target person/address. From there they can utilize any of a variety of sneaky tactics to get to the kind of evidence that will support an arrest or prosecution.

I don't see the need or advantage to shopping at a local hydro store, given that risk. You can get anything you want over the internet, delivered to your door, usually at better prices, and your transaction stays off the radar of local LEO.

6. #46 toastybiz, May 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2011
    And to add to that...credit card transactions also are off the radar of local LEO. So I use CC to buy anything that's legal to buy, which is to say anything and everything for my grow except the beans themselves. Local LEO will never get a warrant to look at credit card transactions to look for anyone in their jurisdiction doing something suspicious -- that's not probable cause, that's a "fishing expedition". They would need a warrant across state lines, that's way more complicated, time-consuming, and expensive for them than getting a local warrant. No judge would sign such a warrant, the cops know that and so don't even try to pursue it.

Now if you get arrested for something and they want to subpoena your particular credit card records, that's a different story. Very doable for them and happens all the time.

I won't use a credit card for buying seeds, though. I do not think that doing so poses any greater risk for getting busted by local LEO than buying legal supplies does, that's not the issue. It's the permanent paper trail that will be there forever that worries me. It's the possibility of a coordinated federal investigation that worries me.

Anyone remember Overgrow? They were based outside the USA but still got shut down because of US pressure and coordination, and one of the prizes the USA feds got out of that was names and contact info of OG customers here in the US. Will they ever do anything with that list? Who knows. But if they wanted to they have that info in hand right now. Maybe they are using it to coordinate a huge bust at this very moment, you'll never know until they show up at your door.

I can't even necessarily think of all the ways that having a seed purchase on my CC records could come back to bite me in the future. I don't want to know, that's why I buy beans with a money order.

7. :hello:what's cool about my shop is that it's not just a indoor garden center!! They sell beer, beer kits, wines, wine kits, lmmfao again and fucking farm animal food. I'll hangout with the guys all day. I'm fortunate that everyone there likes my $$$$$ lol

8. I have a head shop and have no problems with a customer sending cash or asking us to send to a friends house if the customer is willing to pay to send the cash and i get paid i dont see a problem. It all spends the same not that i would rat anyone out ever but gotta respect peoples privacy. So just ask if they will accept cash

9. Lemme get this straight, you laughed so hard your ass fell off, whilst simultaneously performing unholy sex acts with animal feed?

10. I feel very sorry for all of us that a jury in your state was so ignorant to convict a person based on what data you have left here. I don't know the detail of this event so I can't really say anything else but this is a serious injustice to business owners everywhere. If I go to a store like home depot or lowes and by a machete and then go downtown to the city I live in and start hacking people does that make the owner of home depot or the local store manager responsible for selling machete's? He isn't an FBI profiler and neither are the clerks selling it, how could they possibly know what events would transpire because I bought a machete to clear brush for all they knew. What state are you in and what was the name of the man this happened to. I would like to read more about it in general? Thanks. DYI is great by the way, for most things. Some stuff is just so much simpler in my opinion just going pre-built route. For instance I have making carbon filters. I just find the whole process tedious. I personally would rather just go buy one for like 100$ and hang it up. In the end after materials and the expense of my time its just a better spend for me. But I would never buy a clone bucket or aeroponics cloner. You can build a 300$ cloner for like 50 dollars really. I have built a bunch and sold enough now to get the one I built for me free. I really hope your states population gets control of their fear, because that is truly terrible.

11. I agree, it's pure insanity. 10 YEARS IN PRISON!

12. Overgrow was the forum. Heaven's Stairway was RC's seedbank. It was cash only, no CC. The beans were mailed to any address requested by the buyer.

Simon

13. So how many people buying a 150-400w HPS have been busted this way?

None? Really?

Oh well then you can just fuck off.

________

Why go after small fish?

14. honestly, unless you got a pretty big grow going on and are obviously sketchy about it then you might get rolled but ive never gone outta my way to hide things
    all i do is make sure my grow rooms light and air tight and not tell people who could snitch on me.

all my materials i paid cash at home depot and walmart so they are not traceable.
    as for legality regarding hydro supplies they could be for vegetables for all the feds know so im not too worried just be careful and dont slip up

good luck, :smoke:

15. The whole issue with the credit card is irrelevant. You don't have to worry about legal purchases you make with your CC until you have already been busted for something.

16. Im unsure if its been mentioned but its worth mentioning again regardless.

If your a dreaded brother, just stay out of all grow stores. Sorry brothers your labeled forever because of your hair.

Go to a smaller scale hydroponic store. Its safer, Less known, and IMO more friendly help. Large scale places you can't even use words like bloom or flower.....Small scale places are usually nicer on the wallet as well more willing to do deals when you buy setups.

If you are that paranoid, buy a prepaid CC rent a car in clean friends name and go to store. Can always have other non-affiliates stop by the shop for you as well.

Wear a hat, sunglass if ya can. Dress very "regular" and know about growing things overall, this is just so you don't look like a complete fool when they ask what your growing.

17. How about a wig and fake mustache, or perhaps just moving into prosthetics?

Simon

18. Just buy what you need however you would buy anything else. Duh.

Do you realize how many transactions take place in this country, let alone the world, every SECOND?

Visa processes an average of 6363 transaction messages each second!

For your purchases to stand out, you will already be on the radar, or buying something your shouldnt be buying, from a place you shouldnt be buying it from, which said place is being watched. Dig?

Buy your stuff, don't be fucking paranoid. It is your GOD given right to have marijuana. Fuck the system, germinate and populate.

19. Hell if your going to be that extreme why not just dress in drag and go?

20. That may true for local, but for online purchases I think you have to be more concerned with the Feds. I am told that they routinely get credit card purchase info from many of the larger online retailers and pass it on to local LEO. My opinion is if you plan to grow, you need to be paranoid as fuck and assume everything you do is being watched. My Hydro store purchases are always cash. I make sure to check out the lot a few times for potential hidden undercovers and make sure when I leave that I take a route where I can make sure no one is following me. Just my 2cent...