Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

HOW TO: roll a Dutch flaming backflip

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Freshfed, Jun 15, 2011.

1. #1 Freshfed, Jun 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2011
    Hi folks ok so here is my guide to rolling a dutch style joint, I use tobacco but the choice of pure is entirely optional! This is a method I adapted from Dutch smokers in holland together with a flaming backflip from the joint rolling handbook. I call it the flaming Dutch. MINIMUM SKIN is the benefit plus has party flare haha nice in a coffeeshop!

1. Get all your ingredients: bud, skin, roach paper and grinder.

2. Place the skin with the gum closest to you, face down on the table.

3. Coil your roach to the thickness u want the joint to be.

4. Place the roach on the side you wish to keep hold of as you roll. I use the right side as I learned to roll this side. This hand (as with my other tutorial) is your control hand and maintains a grip on re roach and skin for rigidity and control.

5. Add your mix (weed) in a layout whereby it thickens as it progresses away from the roach ( to achieve a cone) the more you step it up the more cones it will be.

6. Using the roach, lift the skin like a half pipe and cradle it to settle all the mix to the centre. The gum should now be facing you.

7. As with the uk style tutorial, roll tightly inward so the gum is tucked in side. See this tutorial for in depth method.

8. Here's the fun part! Differing from uk style, the gum is now wrapped round the inside of the skin. You can see the overlap inside the skin. It first overlaps at your roach end, when level with you, start to lick thru the top skin to wet the gum underneath, run your Tongue up the gum line (rotating the joint as the cone makes the gum spiral round) then press the wet skin down to seal the gum.

9. Once at the top make sure it has stuck properly.

10. so now you have a joint with a sealed gum and excess paper.

11. Tap the joint down on a surface to compact your mix, roughly 15-30 times. This leaves an extra top skin.

12. Your (almost) finished joint that uses minimum skins possible.

13. Light the bottom corner of the joint excess, 14-17 are screenshots from my video of lighting, which auto- lights the top, and there you go!

The flaming Dutch! Hope you try this and any questions please ask! Peace!

Attached Files:

2. holy shit. took me like 3 minutes to figure out what it was but that is pretty damn cool.

3. I HATE the papers you're using lol. PLAYERS4LIFE

4. #4 Freshfed, Jun 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Me too but it's what was local and handy haha!

5. I saw the kid on skins doing this in the graveyard scene and I looked it up a while ago :rolleyes: I tried and failed though :/

6. never seen it... surely my method is different as I have taken 2 separate styles and made them one. give it a shot!:smoke:

7. Lol I roll inside out almost all of my jays. Way less paper to smoke is always better :smoke:

8. #8 Freshfed, Jun 16, 2011
    Yeah it's actually amazing how much more taste you get with less paper!

9. I always roll like this. Cool guide. :D

except for the roach I make it in an M shape. I a small piece once, then fold in the other way, and then the other way again and then roll the rest around it.

10. Not hating on the method, but i've always found it pretty pointless. I just rip the paper in half (length ways) and you achieve the same effect with much less effort.
    But it does look very cool when you're rolling it, same with when you burn off excess paper.

11. #11 Freshfed, Jun 16, 2011
    Kl, thanks for commenting :) . I used to do that but it's a guessing game. Thing is its not any more effort, just licking at a different area, plus I don't need to rip any skin up or guess the best width, this way you lose all excess paper. I done it 3 times then it felt natural, I just thought it would be good for people to see, especially new tokers, as I really enjoy it and it makes a noticeable difference to the flavour plus zero sideburn (that I have noticed). Peace!

12. Is this joint also go by the names of the reverse roll, The self ignitor?

13. DRUM!!!!! high 5! XD

14. I do the same but instead of brunig it off i fold it then lick it and rip it, i hated being too high then burning holes in my joint haha

15. Yeah man, I probably just think it's more effort for me because i'm terrible at it, and it makes sense that you get the best width for it without any guesswork.

16. Yeah I lick it and rip it too, unless I'm trying to impress tourists in the coffeeshop. :D

17. Oh yeah, I've rolled those before. They're not bad.

18. #18 Freshfed, Jun 18, 2011
    Lol thanks for that lol

19. Aha when i went over to dam i was doing it in the coffeeshops and some germans were like staring at me for ages haha

20. lol yeah tourists sometimes have this creepy stare in the coffeeshops if they've smoked more than what they're used to.
    at my local coffeeshop there are not that many tables to on a friday night for instance it's usually pretty crowded and people just share tables with people they've never met. one time I ended up sitting at this table with a bunch of middle-aged men from Algeria. They were REALLY stoned when I sat down there. I rolled my joint like this and they were all staring at me and when I lit the excess paper on fire one of them just started laughing hysterically :D