How to Report a Rep-Troll

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by DelcozeHighKing, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Hey GC mods/admin - we all know how to report a post or a comment on someone's homepage, but how do u report someone trolling you with - reps?? This is by far more damaging/harassing, because the rep (regardless of whether or not they are founded) is the thing people see when they look at your avatar.

There needs to be a way to dissauade people from just trolling around the forum all day tossing around - reps like its free candy. Its childish, and wastes time and forum space and just creates animosity.

2. As far as I know, at the moment the only way to report rep abuse is to private message ReformMaryJaneLaws.

-BW

3. Why don't you just turn off the reputation then? You can do that you know.

4. Why don't people just stop mis-using/abusing the rep system? They can do that you know.....

Same thing.

Can I turn off the little "rep icon" under my avatar that everyone sees in every one of my posts???

5. wait what?

6. I want to know why people that are repping me arent deemed suitable to give me a pos rep and not a neutral rep!

WTF?!

I dont troll I ask if you think I have a good journal or informative journal to leave rep or stars for feedback.

Will all these neutral reps turn into positive at some time?! This is such bull!

7. Yeah what?

8. #8 FenceWalker, Mar 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2009
    Members can't turn off reputation (the admins of the site have not made that feature available). Via the AdminCp they can turn it off or on board wide if they want.

Don't know the thought process for not allowing members to turn it off or on here, but on other boards they don't make that available because then certain members tend to turn on their reputation to give negative rep and then turn it off again so they don't get negative rep in return. It's a form of trolling, imho. ;)
    It has nothing to do with you, it has to do with the amount of time/posts/rep needed before a member can give anything besides neutral reputation.

No, when they reach the milestone to giving rep that counts, the neutral you received before won't change, it will stay neutral. It will just affect the rep given after the milestone is reached. :)

9. so these pos reps people have been giving me will never give me more points?

And these people wont be able to pos rep me again?

:eek:

10. The same person can give you repution, but they must "share the love" first by giving reputation to specified number of other users before they can give it to the same person. Think of it this way...they keep it neutral so that someone doesn't make multiple accounts, then make the minimal post requirement to give positive reputation, then have all their accounts+friends rep one of their accounts. Someone that has just made it to give positive rep will only be giving you 1 or 2 points, but someone who has "knowledge beyond repute" would give more like 10-15 rep points per positive rep given. So if they made rep that was neutral turn to positive would go up as the reputation that person goes up...so it would undermine the system.

recap: Neutral rep given stays neutral, rep points vary between the amount of rep the user who has given it, that goes for negative rep as well.

if someone has a problem with negative rep. given I find on other forums that Im apart of the admin/moderators are very helpful if you send them a link to the post in question, and they can deem if the negative rep given is warrented, and reverse it, or say that it is warrented, and tell the person why they recieved the negative rep for that post.

hope that wasn't too hard to understand :smoking: