How to Remove Spider Mites

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Kali King, Apr 22, 2011.

1. So I had a Mite problem that was potentially devastating. I had various genetics from seed and I took clones off the best phenotypes of those various seeds. I was then given a clone and little did I know it had mites. So of course within a week i had thousands of mites everywhere. In the beginning I would just smash them with my thumb, but there were so many on each leaf at one point it gross me out all the "guts"(red juices) they would leave behind. It became more than obvious that I was going to need "outside" help. So here is a easy 3 day plan to get rid of your mites.
    Note: You don't want lights to be to close to your plants until this process has been completed. This method is for plants in Veg. If I were flowering I would do the same thing WITH OUT DAY 1.

Products needed: Organoside, Plant Protector, Neem Oil & Coco Wet & Bio-degradable dish soap (mixed), Pump Sprayer- If you have the pump sprayer you should be able to get everything else for $40 or less.

Day 1- Buy the Organoside ( OMRI LISTED ) spray bottle. Hopefully 1 is enough, it was 13$ for me, and I used every last bit of it. So at various times through out your day you need to turn your plants up side down and spray under the leaves generously. They really need to be dripping from top and bottom, all the stems be very thorough. Spray some in the soil, sides of containers. To my understanding from old schoolers, use more than 1 brand of product on diseases/pests. Its almost a guarantee. If your short on cash, only skip this step, but I wouldn't recommend it. The bottom 2 are absolutely essential to success.
    ------
    Day 2- Its plant Protector time. This stuff is magic. Use this at double strength for mites, and even quadruple strength if you have aphids. Single strength did a good job, but there was some left. It will not burn your plants, so go ahead with the double so you don't have to double back :). Plant protector is a enzyme that breaks down the mites/eggs. Be generous, its inexpensive(13 $ a bottle). Spray down the sides of containers, walls, anything and everything your plant was around. Use 1/4 gallon for every foot of plant. I know that maybe extreme, but you have to remember that these things will come back with a vengeance if you don't take care of it properly. I made a huge watery mess on my floor inside my home, and let it evaporate. Mites hate cold wet conditions. So thats what they got...
    -----
    Day 3- So todays the day things should be back to normal. This next step is protection for the future. So I would check any extremely dotted leaf for mites. Just to make sure I did a thorough job. If you find any, and I mean any. Go back to day 2 all over again. It only takes 1 to F your world, thats why you need to be extra generous on day 2.
    ----So put your dose of neem (10$) oil and 2 teaspoons of dish soap per gallon into your spray bottle together. Now vigorously mix the two. Add some water then continue to shake. Now fill it half way and add your dose of COCO (7$) WET. ( Coco Wet is to make the Neem oil stick to the leaves) Shake some, and then fill with water to completion. You will need to periodically shake your container, because neem oil does not mix well with water. Thats were the soap comes in to help break it down. Spray generously on your plants. It will make it difficult for the mites to reproduce on a leaf covered in oil, but by no means is it a "killer". Purely preventative, but if you now continue to spray your plants down with neem every 2 to 4 weeks you should no longer have any mite problems. Make sure to spray soil and sides of containers with this concoction as well. Good Luck

2. About the neem- most brands REEK! So far, GardenSafe fungicide (neem kills fungi, too) has been the least objectionable when it comes to odor and the label specifically mentions killing mites.

I make mine up using a cinnamon tea instead of water to add cinnamon's insect killing properties to the neem's. (Spices' strong odors are due to insect killing or repelling compounds.) I sprinkle powdered cinnamon on my soil now and then, too.

3. The Neem I use reeks of garlic. After the mite massacre, it is important to spray Neem on whatever area your mite infested plant inhabited to prevent them reoccupying same territory. They crawl on walls, pots, and cling on to clothing. I would note that by the following day no presence of garlic could be detected in the small space that I generously sprayed in. I had also turned off the fan prior to all of this to prevent the mites from spreading further by means of air travel. They can easily fly on the streams of air produced by a small fan.

4. Azamax and mighty wash work in 2 days, aza only pre flower and mighty can be used throughout! No mites by day 2 fuck neem, it takes too long to get results, I grow inside I need it quarantined fast!

5. You can only get rid of mites indoors. If you have a outdoor mite problem the only thing you can do is maintenance. Neem is not for killing mites. You use Neem after you have killed with mighty/aza/plant protector ect.. Neem prevents the spider mites from laying eggs on your leaves, meaning that they WILL NOT come back for 2-4weeks. If you were to spray neem every 2-3 weeks you would never have a spider mite problem again. It only takes 1 missed mite to repopulate your whole crop, and after 4 weeks into flowering you shouldn't be spraying any sort of chemical on your bud. Even if its "omri" listed.

6. Azamax has a sweet bottle with an upturned nozzle to get the bastards from under the leaves... Where they thrive besides they make a foliage rinse called power wash for late bug sprayers ,new products are bring pushed out daily, and yes iam talking indoors, outdoor mite removal is almost impossible without a quarantine and aza also can be used in the soil when watering to kill bugs in the dirt as well as a foliar spray AND helps the plant build a tolerance against mites,etc. Neem is poison, and once I used aza I never went back!! IMO it worked for me! Say what you will it's the Shiz!

7. I go gansta if i ever see a mite, mix up a batch in a 5gal bucket and kerplush by by mites. Dunking the whole plant is the only way i have found a cure if the problem is really bad... Dr Brommers peppermint castile soap works wonders too without the nasty smell of neem.

8. I think its a way to remove that Spider Mites ..,

Spider mites are garden pests that are mainly found living on the under sides of the leaves of plants. They usually spin protective silk webs around the leaves and puncture the plant cells to feed themselves, causing great damage. The most obvious signs of spider mites infestation are small brown or yellow dots and small strands of silk on the leaves of a plant, along with leaf discoloration. A spider mite infestation needs to be treated on an urgent basis, since it tends to grow too quickly. Though miticide or pesticide is the quickest solution, you can also opt for home-made insecticide, so as not to cause much harm to your plants. In the following lines, we have provided information on how to kill spider mites.

9. was the following information the link for cheap scripts?