Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to remove Marijuana residue?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Sci Grow, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Hi, First post hope its in the right area :) As you can see this test kit here just wipes surfaces and detects traces of marijuana. Detect Now Marijuana Substance Test What cleaning chemical is easiest and fastest to remove these traces from keyboard, desk, walls, clothes? Thanks :)

2. rubbing alcohol. do you foresee someone checking your keyboard for weed? rofl

3. Cheers frankenfish for the reply.

So you think alcohol wipes would work? like these Walgreens Isopropyl Alcohol Wipes 70% | Walgreens

haha well fingers touch weed, weed touches keyboard. it would be a good place to find traces of weed.

But my actual reason for asking is because i want to be able to wipe down a stealth grow and leave no trace. might be hard to archeive though..

what about ammonia?

4. #4 NeverOddOrEven., Aug 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2012
  5. Lol ^^^

The Walgreens alco wipes should be good as far as I know.
    I'm no expert though.

6. Their would be no way to test your keyboard for weed, unless there was resin smeared all over it

7. Hes talking about a stealth grow

8. #8 ZionLion2, Aug 19, 2012
    Wipe that shit down with bleach, easy to clean large areas. Bleach is a strong oxidizing agent and will alter the conformation of the THC/THCA or whatever other substance the test screens for providing negative test results. Denatures DNA and gets rid of fingerprints as well, cant get more stealth then that haha. Dilute it with water if using it on something like hard wood or painted walls

9. this is why they say weed makes some people paranoid lol.

i really dont think cops carry marijuana trace detection kits haha

10. Thanks for all the replys guys :) Good post ZionLion2 :)

Haha well maybe a little paranoid :p I kinda like thinking of possible scenarios and positioning myself for them.

My thinking is just say the cops came a knocking looking for a grow and found the lights, carbon filter, pots, nutes etc but no plants. i would imagine then they would test for residue and try charge you with some kinda reasonable suspicion or intent to grow.. thin i know, and probably wouldnt hold up in court, but it would be an experience to avoid all the same.

I might buy that test kit in the future and do some experiments to see what can best cover a positive reading :) just spending spare cash on grow costs atm... bleach and alcohol make sense though.

Cheers Lads

11. #11 cball, Aug 19, 2012
    bleach water...spray and wipe a few times

cleans
    disinfects
    kills pollen and pest/pest-eggs

for odor control, have some odor absorbing gels around the house, just not inside the actual grow chamber (it really helps)

I use Ona Pro (dad bought me a gallon)...sucks up my dads tobacco smoking stench (ick, spit, barf) and removed the faint hint of 'something' I just couldn't stop from entering the rest of the house.
    I put a glass 'cup' half filled in every room and everyone loves it...Ona Pro has a light scent trace but it really has sucked up all the other odors..(paint me a shade of impressed)

12. true...think of this...most cash, paper money, will test positive for drugs...:eek:
    hide your money!:p

13. #13 Sci Grow, Aug 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2012
    Haha yess hide the money good advice cball ;) lol

cheers for the tip on odor absorbing gels :) Im not at Flower/fruit stag yet so will get if i need.

I am using something else apart from my carbon filter though. Have you heard of ionized lights? they basically make particles in air the clump together and become to heavy to float so they fall to the floor.

see this video, its pretty cool technology :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPysZAoFeMM